ARRIVAL - The car park is fairly small and has a narrow entrance. We had to wait at the door a while as the staff could not hear the doorbell. We had to telephone someone to open the door. We were able to use the loo and were given keys even though it was not time to book in. This was good but the back door can be quite difficult to lock. The reception area was adequate but dark and dated. The hall stairs and landing were light and had a lovely bouncy red carpet. When I used the toilet on the first floor, I found that the hot tap did not work.
BEDROOM - this was large and had a lovely bay window. The curtains looked new and were red but they did not keep much light out due to them not being lined. The pillows were brilliant as they were well stuffed and comfortable. The bed was also comfortable. The decor was good but the use of masking tape would have improved the finish. Tea, coffee and milk were provided and a full size kettle. However, there was only one packet of two biscuits. After we had eaten the biscuits another packet was put in our room the following day. It is the first place I have stayed where two people have had to share one packet of biscuits. While unpacking, I wish I had brought coat hangers as there were very few in the wardrobe and they were not very good.
BREAKFAST - guests are able to make their own toast which I love as I hate having cold toast. There could have been a larger selection of cereal as most of them were flake based and my wife loves rice crispies and cocopops. Juice is available for self-service and the bottles they are served in are good. There is a good supply of jams and one of the owners told us to ask if we could not find our favourites as they had more available. The breakfast was good and cooked fresh. The sausage is very tasty. The only thing that I did not like about breakfast was that white and brown sugar lumps were in the same bowl. This made it impossible to obtain white sugar lumps without using our fingers.
OWNERS - very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. We learned a lot about Harrogate without leaving the building.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 bedroom provider of 4 star guest accommodation. We are a family run establishment and try to provide every guest with a warm welcome and a comfortable stay. We have family, double, twin and single rooms all with ensuite bathrooms. We look forward to your visit to Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Camberley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Camberley Hotel Harrogate
- The Camberley Harrogate, Yorkshire