“Great B&B”
Review of Geminian

Geminian
Ranked #18 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Very welcoming staff who were extremely helpful with parking. Rooms beautifully clean & nicely decorated; breakfast was delicious.
Only drawback was the noise from a heavy-footed guest above us, and being above the front door and dining room meant that you were up late & awake early!
Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Bibliofi

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night. We booked three rooms for 3 couples. The owner was more than helpful helping to arrange a surprise bottle of champagne for a 30th birthday. Breakfast was extremely good and the whole place was clean and tidy. Only slight drawback was it was a bit stuffy in the rooms due to thuderstorms overnight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IzzyDevon
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My friend and iwere welcomed by the friendly owner who assisteduswith parking, checked us swiftly in and helped us with our bags to our rooms.

The rooms are nicely decorated with lots of nice touches from a trouser press to cotton buds in the bathroom. You have full control of the radiator in the room which kept the room at a lovely warm temp'.

It is within walking distance (only a few minutes) of Harrogates main shops, bars and restaurants.

I would definitely recommened this guest house to friends, family and anyone else. I will certainly stay with them again.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Wrdl
Reviewed May 3, 2010

stayed here 1st may with my husband for our wedding anniversary had a fab time the rooms are beautiful the breakfast great and the friendly service was outstanding,great location definetly coming again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitty8999
Reviewed October 27, 2009

My wife and I just spent a long weekend in Yorkshire and we decided to stay at the Geminian for one night. We'd had a long day and just wanted a rest in a clean, quiet room. Finding the B&B is easy and you'll be very impressed with the quality of the place. We stayed in the 1st floor front-facing room and there genuinely wasn't a thing to even wince about - very clean, modern decor, warm and quite. Full amenities, en suite is small but this is not a problem. The breakfast was very tasty and was served very quickly. Parking is on-street but we were given a permit to cover us for Sunday evening and Monday morning. I would recommend this B&B in a heart beat and will try and stay there again before Christmas to explore Harrogate for it's shopping (about 10 minute walk to centre).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrSoane
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times and it is a hidden gem. Great location, 5 mins from town, lovely rooms, good value, friendly staff. Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SuperJo
Reviewed September 20, 2008

This was my third stay in this b and b close to the Harrogate conference centre (about a 5 minute walk away)

What can I say - for the third year in a row the hospitality has been excellent - the hosts are really friendly and very willing to help - they lent my mate a corkscrew, recommended restaurants, I was able to leave my luggage safely.

There is a bar and lounge so its great to have a drink and chat, the breakfast is great (lots of it and tasty sausages - my friend is a vegetarian and recommends the veggie sausage)

My room was beautifully decorated and with every amenity

The hosts let me store food in their fridge - they really go the extra mile

A real gem and very good value

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KfromWales