“Vile”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
The Azalea Court Hotel
Ranked #73 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed over for the Julian Cope Gig. The worst Hotel I have EVER stayed in. Dirty, smelly. I slept with a T shirt over my pillow as I didn't want to touch it. I couldn't shower in the morning as the shower was just a dribble of water. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 24, 2011

No one to greet on arrival just telephone with written instruction to press button A, this was answered by woman who spoke very little English and key left at side of telephone. Dirty entrance and musty/ damp/ dirty smell. Cramp bedroom, dirty floors and furniture. Dirty bathroom, bath and sink needed cleaning and back of bathroom door really filthy. Broken hook in bathroom which was dangerous, no hot water when arrived, next morning water scalding hot and impossible to adjust shower to get a constant temperature, broken toilet seat and no toilet paper or soap on arrival, toilet did not flush properly. Window not secure, television not working, no Wifi. Breakfast served in basement with water dripping through electrics in ceiling.

Room Tip: Keep out - Do not stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My company booked this hotel for me and i have to say after reading the reviews on here i was rather concerned, but thought it could not be as bad - but it definately was!

I was checked in on the Saturday night into room D, on the ground floor and have to say the room was ok, a new en suite bathroom and it was clean. The only complaint I had, was that i seemed to be the only person in the hotel not complaining - however, every one else was outside my room and i could hear every word.

That evening I went out for dinner with colleagues, i had a missed call at about 8.30pm, i rang back within 5 minutes, but go no response so thought nothing of it. When i got back to the hotel, there was a sign on my door saying i had been booked into a single room, not a double and that they had entered my room, removed my luggage and put it in room 7!! I got to the room which had not been locked, and my belongings (which had been fully unpacked) had been thrown in - my £300 glasses had been thrown in the bottom of my bag not even put in the case. I was utterly disgusted that someone had moved my belongings - surely this is illegal!! The worst part was that my underwear which i had unpacked into the bedside table had been left in the room.

I went downstairs and the owner was there, i explained how unhappy i was about my belongings being moved, she said they had put me in the wrong room and i should have told her i was booked into a single room, insinuating i was at fault. After a rather fraught discussion, she walked out and left me without some of my belongings!

Room 7 was more a cupboard, definately not legal to advertise as a hotel room - i have added photos but there was a shower within the room, a sink, and then a toilet in a wardrobe. I did not sleep all night, i could hear every person passing on the street and at 3am someone even tried my door handle! I have never been so uncomfortable or felt so unsafe in a hotel.

Breakfast was ok, but the room was very very damp, it seems like a chance for all the guests to share the horrendous experiences they have had in the hotel.

I am no snob, and often stay in budget hotels on business but please do not book this place - it is more like a damp hostel - the owner owns 6 hotels in Harrogate and seems to decide on arrival which to put you on depending on the where rooms are flooded / vacant! I know her hotels in Harrogate include: -

- Azalea Court
- The Gables
- Ashley House Hotel

AVOID AVOID AVOID booking all these hotels as they will put you in any - they should be shut down!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank jecca88
Reviewed July 21, 2011

With a gung Ho attitude I booked this hotel, fully aware of the scathing reviews and to be honest, that's the best thing to do. I arrived early on the day of my booking (before 9am) but was allowed into my room to leave my bag while it was cleaned. I dodged the red satin sheets and received cotton which was great. My shower worked and had hot water, the breakfast selection and service was good, the staff were pleasant, helpful and polite. Really, the only thing wrong with this place is that it needs to be completely upgraded; but then it wouldn't be such a great value base? I could walk across the road and straight into the exhibition centre through door Q.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were also going to Jools Holland gig, this was only room available due to huge trade fair at same time. Hotel wasn't clean, had no staff, our bathroom was a cupboard with a folding door and there was a bullet hole in the window of our room. £85 - I think not. Couple checking out same time as us were refusing to pay. Yuk.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 17, 2011

this place is a disgrace- i am going to make it my lifes work to get it shut down.I have done a bit of digging and beware the owner owns some more establishments in area.
We booked on a booking website as we were going to see Jules Holland .
we gave our card details to secure the rooms(a double for my parents and a family for my husband myself and son.)
we had booked a taxi from there to concert as the paper work said that parking provided no need to reserve.
we got there at 3pm and as no places to park i went inside to ask where to park whilst the others waited in car.Walked straight in the first thing that hit you is the smell. No one there-just a note on the phone saying press A to speak to some one I did so and asked the some one where to park he said he was coming.Went out to rest of family stepping over all rubbish so as not to trip.No one came .After ten minutes myself and my father went in -I picked up the same phone and advised the person on other end that we would not be staying due to the disgusting smell and dirt all around.Just to give an insight into what they deem as 3* accomodation the breakfast area is a folding door leading to cellar NO CLEANING HAS GONE ON HERE FOR A LONG TIME AND THE STAFF WHO PRIDE THEMSELVES ON CLEANLINESS(AS IN PAPER WORK) HAVE PROBABLY BEEN EATEN BY RATS.Tomorrows job i am contacting trading standards and enviromental health some thing needs to be done.Have informed the booking web site and i am just gratefull we managed to find another 2 rooms as 70 miles a long way to travel.They now inform me that they are going to chase up payment -an expensive night all round sorry did not hang around to get photos but look at peoples in prior reviews and it got worse

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rachelpip
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was an awful hotel. The bathroom carpet was totally soaked when we checked in, the room was full of cobwebs and spiders, the whole hotel is very, very dated and shabby, the room stank of damp and had mould on the walls and they couldn't even make a warm cup of tea at breakfast.

On the plus side, they let us check in early. Sadly.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple