“Avoid Like The Plague”
Review of The Aston Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
The Aston Hotel
Ranked #75 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 1, 2011

A dirty, damp, disorganised, dangerous doss hole. Avoid at all costs!!!!
Door left unlocked all day and night. No reception or responsible personnel present.
Staff drinking with residents all night... arguing from 4-6 am. Needed Police help to calm situation. What a fiasco!!!!!!

Room Tip: There aren`t any......
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ktat_11

Reviewed November 19, 2011

1, having waited over an hour for a receptionist we finally got some service to be told we had not been booked in and they were fully booked (i had rung the day before to confirm the booking).
2, although we had booked in the ashley hotel we been transfered to another hotel around the corner called the ashton hotel.
3, we were directed down to the basement! yes the basement! to a family room that was mostly junk, and over filled with soffas and beds.
4, glad there wasnt a fire because the fire door was looked and behind a big pile of tvs and electrical stuff... guessing cctv equipment.
5, both didnt sleep a wink all night worst night of my life, we had no choice, too far from home to go bak and too late to book anywhere else, dont make the same mistake as we did :( save your money.

Room Tip: travel lodge around the corner. lovely view of harrogate, clean, friendly, cheap, comfitable and fla...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ash13423
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed there for Harrogate show. First day they didn't clean the room because they didn't have second key to enter the room. The bathroom was leaking, water dripped from the celling from upstairs. The floor was damp, the TV was not working, the heater was not working.

The only good thing about this B&B was the staffs were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This was easily the worst experience I've ever had! No-one to greet me, just a grubby phone to ring. Eventually a Polish teenager in a grimy tracksuit ambled in from the road and proceeded to take my money and put me in the wrong room. the door of this room didn't lock and I was on the loo when he calmly came in uninvited and told me i was in a twin room and it was the wrong one. My belongings were by now strewn and I refused his help at clearing them up. There's more! The new room wouldn't lock either, it was cold and dark although the bed and bathroom were clean. It had a 6-plug electric socket extension and a very dim light. The main front door was unlocked at 2am so I flipped the lock in case anyone opened the door and I rigged an alarm with a cup and saucer on my case to alert me if the door was opened. THEN in the middle of the night: a connecting door that I'd ignored burst open and next door people came through while I was sleeping!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MUMINMUMBAI
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I made the same mistake as others and not looked on this site for reviews before booking through Booking.com.

It is a shambles with inedible breakfasts, staff who can hardly speak english if at all and I am talking about Management downwards and is the worst place i have ever stayed in.

I will not use Booking.com again either who showed no interest in the fact the place should be closed down.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Had the pleasure of staying in this dump for 2 nights - you get what you pay for! To be fair the bed was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was nice. The decor is something else - really, really dated - just in this day and age not acceptable. The grass was definetely greener on the other side - the hotel next door was really contempory ( the grafton ) lovely looking b&b and apparently was about the same price - arghhhh!

Room Tip: stay next door at the Grafton!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This Bed and breakfast hotel is quite bad. The rooms smell, the floors were stained and the we had to wait ages for the staff to arrive to show us to our room. However the breakfast was actually good, they do cooked breakfast and cereal. I would not recommend staying here, it's probably worth staying somewhere else for a bit extra.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends