“Peter wouldn't be impressed”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #68 of 438 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Peter wouldn't be impressed”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I find it amazing that the founder of Pizza Express - Peter Boizot (from Peterborough) never opened an outlet in Peterborough (his home town)!!!!
We visited the one in Peterborough (opened - post his sell off of the pizza chain).
We found the food to be of good quality - however the service was well below par. We waited over 30 minutes after finishing our starter before our main was served: it was a Sunday evening and it wasn't very busy. The staff appeared to be dressed scruffy and not so well scrubbed up - sorryb we will not be returning on this form!!

• Visited September 2012

“The nicer pizza in town”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and always enjoy the pizza's here not to heavy never to much great decor and an open kitchen so u know the chef ain't pickin his nose in there. No draught of anything low and the bottles of drink are slightly pricey but an average bill of £25 with 4 drinks and 2 pizzas you can't moan

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food and good environment”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Like most Pizza Expresses, the Peterborough Restaurant has a good menu and the building is well fitted with comfortable furniture. The staff were efficient, friendly and attentive.
My starter of mixed olives was brought to me very quickly, as was my drink and Pizza.
I was surprised at the speed with which my pizza arrived as I had not finished the olives! This was probably due to the fact that I received more Olives at this Pizza express than I have received at other Pizza Expresses.
I sat in the outside seating area and was able to enjoy a historic vista with interesting people passing by. A very pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2012
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very disappointed about the food we eat because nothing of what we eat was make me feel like to be home in Italy. Very far from the taste of the italian food and more about the pizza that was very thin and very oily

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Neo8273
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor servings”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Considering the price you pay for a main meal its not good. I was happy with the salads, my husband however was not happy with the pizza or the lasagne. He thought the lasagne resembled a microwave meal!?! The kids meals however are good value for money (the pasta in ham sauce was a bit of a let down) but the pizza's and dough balls were a hit!

• Visited August 2012