“Good business stay”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Good business stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed one night on business. Good spacious room and friendly warm welcome from the staff. Check- in fast and efficient. Rooms look a little tired but clean and everything you need (tea, tv, Internet, shower gel etc). Good business stay and would be happy to stay again. Good quiet location and convenient to A1. Breakfast good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The reception staff was very helpful upon arrival and as we arrived on Christmas eve, we were advised of arrangements for the restaurant which was fine for us.
The room was very spacious, clean and had crisp feel to it.
The bathroom was very good except there are no sockets for electric toothbrush or shaver so beware of this and make sure you take an adaptor/extension with you.
The quilt on the bed is a polyester type that lies on top of you rather than snuggling around you so we were quite cool during the night and the Premier Inn provide two types of pillow but we couldn't tell which was which.
The room heater was efficient but re-set itself during the night so we went to sleep with it at 23deg to keep warm, but by morning it had reset itself to below 21deg and the room was cool to get up to.
The Granary Restaurant was good although it was different on both mornings. We were offered a cappuccino on the first morning, but had to ask and then pay on the second.morning
Overall, it was okay and we would use it again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many many times for business purposes (as well as other Premier Inns) and I book on-line and receive booking confirmation and invoices via email - the last time I booked to stay here I turned up at 7:30PM only to find the hotel was closed in case of flooding and I had been allocated another Premier Inn 3-4 Miles away just off the motorway (I.e. nothing around for miles) just as well I had a car of my own but tough luck if I was meeting anyone imminently. At this time of night it was too late to book anywhere nearer to where I should have been staying. WHY COULD I NOT HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY EMAIL- as all other documentation comes that way so I could have made the choice where I wanted to stay.
I didn't take it out on the hotel staff as they are always pleasant and it was not their fault so I sent an email (2 to be precise as I got no response from the first) from my Premier account and have had no response at all this was over a month ago.
No problem with the quality of the staff or the venues just the communication.

Maybe I'll get a response from this!!!!!! booking reference for confirmation AVAR89931

Room Tip: Don't book here if it's raining hard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My sister and I stayed overnight for a Family event the following day.
We were extremely impressed with the quality of our experience from arrival at Reception, to size, standard and cleanliness of twin bedded room and bathroom.
The beds were big and comfortable with extra pillows - very clean.
Breakfast was delicious and relaxing. Huge choice of food with more friendly staff in the Granary Restaurant atached to this Premier Inn. Lovely quiet location.
All Staff Members very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
This was our first stay in a Premier Inn Hotel and we were both extremely impressed with the whole experience from beginning to end.
Will definitely use Premier Inn again and no hesitation in highly recommending to others. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for a family event. Rooms have been smartened up a bit so ok. Shower pressure useless. A bloke with hair would find it difficult to rinse. Clicking thermostat yet again. Staff very good. Rooms clean. Lovely quiet location apart from the restaurant extractors. I will use this premier inn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a friday night with my parents and brother. We discovered that we had booked two double rooms instead of a double and a twin, but this was easily sorted with no hassle the receptionist said that whilst we were out he would sort out the room for us, he was true to his word when we returned the bedroom was sorted. The rooms were at a high standard the beds were of good size and comfort, the temperature of the room was adjustable, tv was a samsung and good quality, bathroom was clean and the room was quiet. Only negative I have to say is that the tea (provided in room with kettle) was twinings and I hated it aha and was only one plug on the wall where the beds were (not good for two people who use phones in bed)- these were only small tedious things so did not matter so much :-). I would highly recommend the breakfast in the morning it was delicious! Plenty of choices and friendly staff. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the premier inn it is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
Stamford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Fiance came back from Oman and we stayed here because its cheap and we know what to expect.
I have never stayed in a better premier inn, The Granary is really nice too.
Room was really clean, nice bath/shower, very spacious room. Was impressed compared to some of the premier inns that i have stayed in.
Would definitley stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple