Thorpe Lodge Hotel
  • Pool
$79
  • Restaurant
$90
Holiday Inn Express Peterborough(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
$83
Hotels.com
$75
$70
Hotels.com
The Pearl Hotel(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
$61
$59
Hotwire.com
Premier Inn Peterborough (Hampton) Hotel(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewsfree wifi and parkingtrain stationplenty of hot watercity centreno liftbiscuitscomfortable bedensuiteheating
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First thing, fantastic. My partner and I stayed here after a two night at a boutique hotel which cost us £205 a night including breakfast. This was our little bit of luxery for what was a weekend away with a business purpose. After our stay there we had booked a £65 room here, the King Double. As mentioned was our 'business' part of our time away.
I honestly do not understand the reviews on here (negative reviews). The place was spotless, staff incredibly polite and helpful, and come on £65 for B&B, huge room and lovely big bed. What can you complain about? We enjoyed a cheap delightful meal in the restaurant afterwhich we spent some time in the bar. Also it really is a short walk to the city centre, work off them calories!
All in all was a very enjoyable stay and Thorpe Lodge Hotel deserves a glowing review. Thank you. (We stayed 26th Feb 2013)

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Double which cost us £65 including breakfast, was delightful. Try the restaurant, we had a steak meal which was £8 BARGAIN!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was looking for a cheap budget hotel that my mother and I could stay in whilst we went to see the ballet. The place was clean and staff very friendly and the beds were comfy so it ticks all the right boxes if that's all you are looking for. I've stayed in worse places.

However, there are a few niggles here and there. Such as the bathroom was a teeny tiny cupboard that even the thinnest person would feel claustrophobic in. Also the window rattled all through the night and with it being winter, it was too cold to be kept open to stop the rattling.
Our room was also on the second floor; there are no lifts which isn't a problem for me and my mum managed fine (possibly if you request a room on ground/first they'd oblige) but if you do find difficulty with stairs I would try and make it clear what kind of room you need =)

Oh, and the wireless internet is rather slow - but it's there!

So overall, I would stay here again if working on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My shower didn't work and instead of even coming to check it out the man on duty was trying to intimidate and told me its worked for 16years. He was very rude and I packed my stuff and left checking into a different hotel, it was an expensive night. He also wouldn't let me pay extra for my partner to stay with me even though I had a double room, he told me I was not allowed any visitors. I would advise people to stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Englishlady3
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Clean sheets & towels. Hot shower. Generous piping hot breakfast. Very friendly helpful staff. It is a bit scruffy and dated but a budget hotel close to city centre and railway station so 5* facilities should not be expected.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Carole G
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

What can I say dirty rooms ignorant staff fleas in room terrible empty restaurant a bar that doesn't open and several items of mine that went missing from our room I would avoid this place at all costs there are plenty of other nice places to stay in Peterborough don't do it !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012