“Not a boutique hotel”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
york
“Not a boutique hotel”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place was not quite what I was expecting. It is definitely not boutique, more a glorified B&B, and therefore quite expensive for what is offered. The rooms are clean, and mine was large, but really quite simple and especially the bathroom. There are no communal areas and breakfast is served in the room. I felt it had a slightly seedy feel and wouldn't feel safe as a female alone there as the doors were very flimsy. The hotel is on a main road so quite noisy and there is no central heating just a unit that will either blow cold or hot air and therefore quite noisy. Everyone I came accross was polite, but I won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ThePearl H, Manager at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at The Pearl Hotel did not meet your expectation. I can assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences.
I would like to assure you that even for such a small size hotel we are, we have 24 hours Security Guard on the site so there should be no reason our guests to feel insecure.
Thank you for your time again.

Regards

The Pearl Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Rushden, Northamptonshire
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Pearl Hotel in November for one night for my birthday. We had a lovely big room and the staff were very friendly! We had a lovely night out in town and taxis were not too expensive, even though I'm sure you could walk! I would deffo go back and would recommend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePearl H, General Manager at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
It is always a pleasure to receive such great review from our guests and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Pearl Hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you at Pearl Hotel in Peterborough.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I found the Pearl about a week after it opened. A colleague and I stayed in virtually every hotel in and around Peterborough and discovered they were over-priced and very average. Then we discovered the Pearl. I stayed there week in, week out for about 5 months so I know the place well. The room was large comfortable and fully equipped. A small thing but they had proper feather pillows. The staff were conscientious, cared about making us comfortable and went beyond expectations in order to accommodate us. The breakfast was always prompt, even if I wasn't and there was a good selection to eat. In the evenings, the Thai restaurant below was great. The food was excellent and very good value. The restaurant staff were always very helpful and pleasant.

When you are away on business for extended periods, it can get very tiring staying in impersonal, chain hotels. The Pearl made me feel comfortable, relaxed and at home - so much so, I took my wife there for a weekend. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 1 & 2 are large and well appointed. Room 1 is quiet with less light if you like to sleep in...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laurence,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing The Pearl Hotel as your choice of accommodation during your stay here in Peterborough. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your long stay with us. It is our pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay and that you experienced the Pearl Hotel service the way we want all our guests to truly experience it.

We hope we will see you soon!

P.S. We all miss you !

Kind Regards

Iva
Spilsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had booked 3 executive rooms only to find that on check in one was not available which was substituted for a standard double. Hotel is not the correct description for this establishment it is a Thai restaurant with 8 boutique style rooms over, ( basically a B & B ) so in that regard there is not a lounge and the bar is only available when the restaurant is open. The rooms were superb, large, clean and comfortable, the on duty staff member was friendly and very helpful. The system is to have breakfast in your room but surely a small table and two chairs should be provided, however as there was six of us they did allow us to eat together in the restaurant. The continental style has cheeses, meats, fruits etc, the other choice consists of cereal, yogurt and fruit not very substantial. Considering the quality of the rooms we found the prices were extremely competitive. This boutique hotel has not been open very long and there are signs that attention to detail is going astray, lights bulbs not working, hair dryer missing and other silly items which if not attended to will only prompt criticism. They also need to sharpen up the system when bookings are made, however In all we all had a clean comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The very busy Thai restaurant was exceptional value with first class service at £9.95 per head.

Room Tip: Just remember that this is not a hotel as you may be accustomed to, it is very up market rooms over...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Herby,

Thank you for sharing your review following your stay with us at The Pearl Hotel in Peterborough. We take the feedback of our guests seriously, as we are always looking for ways to improve upon on our guests’ experiences.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Pearl Hotel.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We thought that it was good value for money and the standard room we had was spotless and well designed-it's in one of the pictures already up. Bedside tables were HUGE! The staff were friendly and helpful too. What let it down, and can be improved, was attention to detail. It was dark when we arrived and there were no lights on out front, as the attached restaurant hadn't opened. The corridor doors could have been more solid as there was slight noise. No hangers on the back of the door. The breakfast was delivered on time but the form you filled in was unclear about how you ordered for two. Also, it could have been presented better. The juice and coffee were excellent though. Certainly well worth as a stay in that area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Pearl Hotel in Peterborough. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you once again for your kind notes on our hotel. These hold great value to me and I will definitely be sharing your comments with my team.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Shifnal, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Appart from the towel rail in the bathroom not working, couldn't fault the stay at all. Room was comfortable and the breakfast delivered to the room was a bonus. We had a room at the front of the house and thought that we would suffer from the road noise, but it was ok. Would recommend this room as the decor was fab.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank helenl21
Dear Helen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the Pearl Hotel in Peterborough.

I would like to apologize for the towel rail not working during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked a double room and were given a single room with one hand towel one bath towel and one chair. The room was so small we could not pass each other and could only sit down one at a time to eat our breakfast which was served in the room.The room was noisy as it was over the kitchen and stank of fried food . It was one of the worst places We have ever stayed in.
We had to ask for batteries for the remote control as well and the Wi fi did not work in the room.
The bed was really uncomfortable
We would have been better off in a Premier Inn

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Noni H
Dear Noni,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback following your stay with us at Pearl Hotel in Peterborough.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. I can understand that the design of our hotel rooms is not to everyone’s liking.
The room you have booked was a Standard Double Room, for all our customers who prefer bigger and more spacious room we do offer Executive Suites. I am really sorry to hear that you haven`t shared your experience with our Reception Staff, who could upgrade or change your room so you could experience a better stay.

Once again, thank you and I hope to welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me when you next visit at The Pearl Hotel in Peterborough as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.

With Kind Regards