“Pre-show meal”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pre-booked to have our dinner here before going to a show upstairs in the Key Theatre. On arriving the table wasn't quite ready, we had a feeling from the discussion that the waitress was having with another staff member that they may have forgotten our booking but they quickly got a table for two ready for us. It was very busy in the restaurant so we had a feeling that the service might be a bit slow, luckily we had booked for 6pm and we didn't need to be upstairs until 7.30pm but saying that it was still 7.20pm before we managed to leave. Husband had the 3 course pre-show meal whilst I opted for the 2 course version. Food was very good though not much meat on my husband's slow cooked belly pork, quite fatty. We both order the same desserts (cheescake) but were brought the "blondie" one. Asked for cappuccinos at the end of the meal which were quite milky, more like a latte but they were hot at least. Asked for the bill & paid in cash but had to ask where our change was as that seemed to have been forgotten. On the whole a very nice meal, very noisy and a bit chilly in there. Will probably go again but on an evening where we can order from the normal menu.

1  Thank Endora69

Reviewed March 25, 2014

that it tries to be and is consistently good,the decor is very tastefull and yet relaxing, the staff are always trying to please,the daily menu is small and good, the a la cart superb

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Two of us returned to the Cafe for a Friday lunch. The service was lovely and the choice of food, even on the set menu, interesting. On a lovely sunny day, the room was light and airy, and the drinks were cold. We enjoyed it a lot!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Got envited by friends to dine out.

I love my fish n chips so when saw it on the menu at a restaurant I was intrigued. I was told it's different feom the normal fish n chips. I was not disappointed. A thick chunck of cod loin with triple cooked chips on wooden platter. It was really good. I simply loved it.

Everyone else seemed to enjoy the food and my partners risotto primavera was also excellent.

Had not heard of this place but know of their other restaurant in city centre. A stunning location on the river but wasn't fantastically busy. It deserves to be.

Service was impeccable and standards very high for what we were paying.

This is now on my list of dining venues. Can't wait to dine on their outside space once it stopps raining.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had their pre-theatre two course set menu and although we both had different things, they were all absolutely wonderful.

It is a great place for a romantic meal for two but it would also be fine for a large group or a business meal.

If you are a big eater, you might find the portions a bit small but it was ideal for us. Not so big that we would be sent to sleep at the perfomance and not so small to be unsatisfying. Well measured.