“Great choice in Peterborough”

Mai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 444 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Authentic Thai Cuisine freshly 'Cook to order' by our very own five star Chefs (over 40 years of experience) from Thailand - A La Carte Menu Only - Special Quick Lunch From £6!
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Have been as a couple and most recently with a group of friends. Both times, great food - there's so much choice and it's tasty, well cooked. You cannot argue with the price. The only let down I would say is the service. Our last visit was on a really busy Saturday night (a good sign that it was totally full) but it meant we waited for drinks or anyone to come and ask us if we needed anything. It wasn't enough to put me off returning. It's a bit on the dark side in terms of décor and lighting, more party like than cosy or romantic.

Whilst this place can't be compared with East in Peterborough, it's a great option for a more budget option.

There are newer reviews for Mai Thai Restaurant

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I went with a friend for Sunday lunch. I had been a few times for an evening meal but didn't expect the full menu to be available for a lunchtime. We had an extremely leisurely meal with excellent service. With the lunch buffet being a lower price than evening, the value was amazing. I shall definitely book again soon! The only downside was that it was a bit chilly by the window. It definitely needs double glazing!

1  Thank yvettePeterborough
Reviewed February 9, 2014

You can get a lot of food for what you pay. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody as there is a large variety of food and get lots of food.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went Friday with wife and kids by seven pm it was busy. Overall great value, plenty of choice and loads of food for 9 quid each. Kids are counted as 8 or below. Stella is £3-75 a pint. Frankly the food is not far off the Brewery Tap but the wife thought her massaman curry was better. Service was good and prompt. The place it's self is modern, clean and pleasant. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I want to like this place but they make it difficult to do so. The positives; the actual food is very tasty, spiced just right and very flavoursome. Portions are good and you can get more. The menu is fairly extensive, with enough choice for the fussiest of eaters. Good vegetarian options. The pricing is very keen.

Unfortunately, the whole environment and service ethos doesn’t work. The restaurant itself is dimly lit – I’m all for subdued lighting but I couldn’t read the menu. The place was cold on the rainy Sunday lunchtime we visited. Service was slow, ¾ hour to get starters and 1:20 minutes to get the main, on a day when the restaurant was empty. Our food was bought out piecemeal so our party of 10 couldn’t eat together. The waiters who served the main course have very regional accents so it’s difficult to understand what dishes they shout out when they bring the main course. The whole experience is disjointed and un-enjoyable. The waiters themselves try to be friendly but don’t quite manage it.

I want to give this place a good score; tasty food at a very reasonable price. But as a dining experience it was poor. On balance in consultation with our friends I’ve gone to 3/5...but Mai Thai needs to do much better.

1  Thank machinmad