“For a friendly, homely feel.. It's the only place to stay in Peterborough”

White House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peterborough
White House Guest House
Ranked #18 of 34 Peterborough B&B and Inns
“For a friendly, homely feel.. It's the only place to stay in Peterborough”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

As a family of 5 it's not the easiest thing to find accomadation that suits all our needs, 3 children aged 14,10 and 9. The White House ticked every box for all of us, a very enjoyable stay, homely and very welcoming, child friendly, easy to find and extremely accomadating for a family of 5, bedrooms were clean tidy and exactly what we required and the breakfast was fantastic and catered for all our needs, would recommend and will be staying again.
Thank you for making our time away complete..
Stewart,Sharon and the kids

• Stayed September 2013
Brit_taxi, Manager at White House Guest House, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello,
thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfull review of my mother´s B&B,she really loves getting positive feedback and she was delighted that you all had a nice time there.
If you are ever in Peterborough again Molly would love to see you again,

Chris Edwards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Molly, the lady who owns the house, is a fantastic host. The house is a real traditional b&b: tea and coffee in the rooms, a large double bed and spotless throughout. To top it all off, we got a cracking full English breakfast in the morning. Despite its location the house is peaceful and no traffic noise disturbed us - I can't remember ever having slept so well in a guest house. Will DEFINITELY come back. If you love little guest houses with character and a warm welcome, this is a must. Obviously has just been decorated too, so is in very good condition.
Excellent value for money, too.

Room Tip: Room no. 1at the back is wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brit_taxi, Manager at White House Guest House, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of my Mother´s B&B,she will be thrilled to bits to know that her efforts are appreciated by her guests!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it exactly what we required,we are contractors and found the cleanliness and hospitality second to none ,definitely recommend and stay here again ,Phil sunrise maintenance

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Philsunrise
Brit_taxi, Manager at White House Guest House, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello Phil,
thank you very much for taking the time to join Trip Advisor and write the review,Molly is thrilled to have so many positive comments and she hopes to see you again there,

All the Best,
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The White House was exactly what I was looking for. There was no pretence, it was very reasonably priced, Molly (owner- very sweet) was extremely friendly and welcoming. It was all very comfortable, lovely breakfast. I actually felt at home. Bed was very comfortable. House was clean and pleasant to look at. Bathrooms never engaged when i needed them. Other guests were friendly. Very informal and relaxed atmosphere. Couldn't get any volume on my bedroom TV (may have been a simple solution to that) and my room was a bit small but it was the only one available so fair enough (I'm pretty sure the other rooms were a lot bigger). Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Brit_taxi, Manager at White House Guest House, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the White House,it belongs to my Mother who as you experienced provides a comfortable and economical stay in Peterborough,we´re very glad that you enjoyed yourselves here.

kingskerswell
Reviewed April 3, 2013

When my daughter, partner and myself arrived we were made very welcome. The rooms were very nice and clean. The double room had a recently fitted en suite and a HUGE double bed. Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits in room every day and good cooked breakfasts. We would definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dianec629
Hello,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for my Mother´s B+B in Peterborough,I hope you all had a great time and Molly would be delighted if you returned at some time,

england
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here for a week while in Peterborough with work. The lady who runs it is great, and makes fantastic breakfasts!! Wifi a decent speed and rooms warm. Got upgraded to a bigger room for free as they were quiet. Although no particularly plush, the rooms are nice and for the price it was exactly what I was after. Would definitely go back without thinking twice. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank timberry
Hello Tim,
thank you for taking the time to review my Mother´s B+B and I hope you enjoyed your stay in the White House and will re-visit should you be in the area.

Nottingham
Reviewed November 15, 2012

this guest house is a great place to stay (Molly) is very helpful, friendly and will go out of her way to help. I recommend this guest house to my friends and family. will be visiting again soon... love it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank helen m
Hello Helen,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for my Mother´s B+B in Peterborough and I´m very glad that you enjoyed your visit.
I only look after the Trip Advisor part and I apologise for taking so long to reply!