“Good meal, friendly staff but service could have been quicker”
Review of Emperor Restaurant - CLOSED

Emperor Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The meal was what you would expect from a Chinese restaurant, but nothing particularly special. I had one of the sizzling dishes, which always adds that little bit of extra drama. However, between the starters and the main course we had a very long wait. Whether that was because we'd been forgotten, having been placed behind a plant, or because they could not cope, was not clear. Either way, the wait was a little too long for my liking.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had my birthday lunch with my hubby in Emperor. We choose the hot and sour soup, lobster in cheese and butter sauce, sizzling steak with black pepper sauce and following with desserts. It was a very nice birthday dinner. The lobster was just delicious and it was very tasty with cheese and butter sauce. In addition, to my surprise, they offered a compliment drink - a bottle of wine for my birthday. Their service and being thoughtful to customers are simply 2 thumbs up!

1  Thank yan F
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Emperor Restaurant is an excellent place to go for lunch. The surroundings, service and food are all first class. A most enjoyable experience which will be repeated.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had not been back to the Emperor for a little while, so it was with some slight trepidation when I took along a Journalist friend, having extolled the virtues of this
old favourite. The parking was still a little tricky, but a warm welcome from David, soon put that right. We chose the set menu at £19.50 and were not disappointed.
The food was excellent, well prepared and served impeccably. The waitress was
a delight and most attentive. My friend had travelled in my car and discovered when he got home that he had left his car key in the restaurant. He phoned, the key was found and David even suggested that if it was desperately needed he would take it out to Yaxley. Now that's some service!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We used the Emperor for many years when tony and chef steve ran it but now its changed hands we had to try it and I must admit its still good and staff are great.

3  Thank DavidBurgess404