“Like a long lost friend”
Review of Queensgate Hotel

Queensgate Hotel
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Its been a while since I stayed here, partly because I haven't been to Peterborough as often as used to, but also because the last time I tried to book, they were full (no bad sign). What you get here is real value for money. True, the rooms are a bit smaller than some I have stayed in and it doesn't have a view to speak of, but the staff are always friendly and ultra helpful, the rooms are always clean and the food especially breakfast was superb. I paid half what another 3 star hotel in the area charged me when I couldn't get in here. The chefs pizzas are still as great as ever.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Queensgate Hotel

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel has the makings of a rather nice place to stay, unfortunately staying there over the weekend with my family we were all dissapointed. We give all the staff 10/10 for their helpfulness and friendliness and our food was of excellent quality too. Also, the hotel is wonderfully placed for the town, just a few steps over the bridge to the shopping centre. What lets this hotel down is the cleanliness. All three of our rooms looked rather old and shabby, the divan bases had no valences and were badly marked. We had cheap bobbly bedding and soft mattresses, the walls and doors were badly marked and the bathrooms were moudly (BUT the towels were spotless). and our shower tray was blocked. Non of the rooms have air conditioning and although we were given fans - they were totally ineffective. Shown some urgent TLC this hotel could be oh so much better!

Room Tip: A room to the front of the hotel will be cooler
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wernons
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here with work. The location is quite good but not as central as i thought it was going to be from the hotel's web site - about 10 minutes stroll into town but more like 15 or 20 to the train station. The room was clean and well equipped - but very warm on a summer night. It was also on the ground floor looking out onto a parking areas - making me reluctant to have my windows open at night. The staff were helpful and friendly. They have an odd loyalty points system but no one could tell me how many points were earnable from my stay if I joined up!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nickoaj
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very friendly staff on arrival, personally escorted to my room which is the first time for me in a hotel. Room was small but very well finished to a high standard. Excellent value for money......Would recommend to anyone for either business trip or weekend away.

Room Tip: Busy main road outside the hotel so ask for a quiet room when booking..
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Convienient location, easy walk to cathedral, museum, stores, mall, pubs,etc.Take away Indian restaurant and pizza, sub shop a few steps away. Peacock bar across the street. Our room was clean but small, but it depends on what you want to pay. Saw other rooms that where very nice. All the staff was very nice and helpful, especially Alex who was manning the desk one day, a waiter another and bartender another and did all his jobs outstandingly. There is a spa on premise and you can get a free 10 minutes massage that will leave you wanting more. Food was all very good, if you wait till you get there you can sign up for breakfast for just 5 pounds.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank funex
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found that the hotel is in a really good location; if you like football it is within shouting distance of the Posh ground, less than 10 minutes to the cathedral, and only 5 minutes to either of 2 floating restaurants on the nearby river Nene, where the Key theatre is situated.
The hotel itself is quite nice albeit a little old-fashioned.Our room was adequate and comfortable but the en-suite only had a shower.
The breakfast was very good and a little unusually it was served to us rather than a buffet.The full English was great.
The staff were all attentive;overall a ice little hotel in a good position.

Room Tip: The rooms seem a bit higgledy- piggledy with no really good views,but askfor a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for the location to the city as it is near the centre and the rare was very good however I was not impressed! My room was very cold and very dirty, the staff were probably the most miserable unfriendly staff I have ever come across in all my years of travelling, on a plus the food was ok, I was planning to stay here on a regular basis but have opted out of that for sure!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business