“Mostly ok”

Peterborough Marriott Hotel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I didn't find anything remarkable about this hotel.

It was functional for a short stayover.

With the recent beautiful weather I found the resaurant depresive with no natural light and more of a cafe feel than a 4 star hotel restaurant.

I would stay again but not look forward to the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Peterborough Marriott Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at the marriott hotel for one night whilst on a trip to see family. The service we recieved throughout our stay was first class. No hold ups at check in just smiling faces and a warm welcome. We had booked the wine and dine package and the service from the restaurant and in particular from Anna who looked after us for the night could not be faulted we even met with the chef.
I would highly recommend a stay at this fine hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been to a few Marriott hotels so do expect the standard of each hotel to much the same.
This indeed was for us as all was good.

My detailed request about where I wanted the room to be was adhered to completely.
The room was large and spacious as indeed was the bed.
The cleanliness was spot on and the towels and linen were of top quality, our nights sleep was very good.

The staff on reception were efficient and friendly as indeed were the staff on duty in the restaurant on the evening and the morning.
We all found the food to be good on the evening, and the breakfast was excellent.

I do agree that the rooms should have free wifi in them at the price charged for the them per night
My room was a non smoking room, if I had been put in a smoking room I would have walked out and gone elsewhere.
A hotel like this should not have any smoking rooms in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Just joined on the six weeks of summer promotion deal, they do it every year this is my third.

First rate facility clean well maintained truly 5*

Never too busy, relaxing atmosphere. Nice sized pool and well equipped gym, steam room and sauna. You can order drinks to have beside the pool, very civilised!

Staff are friendly and efficient (always seem to be busy with taking readings and tidying )

A true oasis.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed for one night only because it was on our planned route. We were met by friendly efficient staff, our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. Unfortunately, we could not get a seat in the restaurant because there was a buffet for lots of elderly people. It would have been nice to be forewarned of this situation to enable us to reserve a table elsewhere. Nevertheless, we did not go hungry and had a nice meal in the bar instead.

Room Tip: No lifts and corridors extremely long, this might not be suitable for those with disabilities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrannyMunich
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on a bed and breakfast basis, the check-in was great and friendly, the lobby area is clean and spacious. The room was of a good size, very clean and had a plentiful supply of tea and coffee.
The beds (twin) were comfortable.

Breakfast was busy but the staff worked well clearing tables and keeping the food replenished so didn't have to wait for anything.

The Leisure Club has a gym, swimming pool, spa, sauna and steam room, which is well kept and clean with friendly staff.

The hotel is situated on the edge of Peterborough, not far from the A1, with plenty of free parking.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tony R
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My employer has booked me into this hotel twice in two weeks. For the cost of £135 DB&B I would expect wifi in the room to be FOC, but reception were insistent that I would have to pay, or work in the lounge area where wifi access is free. The restaurant had run out of half the choices due to "an unexpected large party" and the food that was available was very poor quality. On my second stay I was given a smoking room even though a non-smoking room had been confirmed on the reservation made weeks previously. I have instructed my employer to not use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business