“delightful”

Sophie T's Vintage Teashop
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Post code PE7 3LD. New restaurant opened on Sept 10 2011 Specialise in homemade cakes and scones Afternoon Tea Large groups catered for in our function room
Bath, United Kingdom
“delightful”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

i visited sophies tea shop at the weekend with my two little grandaughters as had not seen them in a while and wanted to take them somewhere a little different. it was like stepping back in time, there were copies of 1940 s newspapers to read on the table and the atmosphere was very 1940 s, with the decor, the ladies who served in their pinny s,very welcoming and friendly, and very sweet to the children, i shared a lovely chocolate cake with my grandaughter and had tea all in a vintage tea cup and plate, my husband had a egg and cress sandwich which was fine and came with a few extra s. when we went upstairs to the ladies powder room, there was a little stall with vintage hats and shoes and dresses, all for sell, and i purchased a lovely 1940 s dress at a good price,i would come back frequently if i lived in the area as i thought it very lovely, and such a change from the norm.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank 223jasper

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fine china, great decor, clean, inviting, great food and excellent service...oh and amazing value! I will be back!

• Visited November 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, feels like you've stepped back in time!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I honestly couldn't fault this tea room. I went with myself, my mum, my uncle and my mum and there was nothing that could have been better. The staff were friendly and highly accommodating, the food was reasonably priced - just 2 special teas were enough to feed the four of us - and tasted wonderful, I highly recommend the bread pudding! On top of this we were 'serenaded' by a pianist playing old songs which was a really special touch, and around the place were old newspapers (i spent 10 minutes reading the daily express from the day WWII was declared!) which added a lovely vintage feel. I would happily come back again and again and am highly considering hiring the place for the next special occasion that occurs in the family.
All in all, absolutely brilliant!
nt

2 Thank vhalsall
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrummy, yummy, delicious!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Mrs T(ea) has got it sussed - this place is great. Lovely selection of teas and soft drinks, and the sarnies are to die for. Thick bread, generous fillings and side garnishes. We just about had room for scones and cake. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, welcoming and obliging...plus we asked for extra cream, jam, re-fills etc, all of which was promptly delivered to our table. If you live in Yaxley or near by then you should get yourself down to Sophie T's...then you'll see what the fuss is about ;o)

1 Thank LadyBramwellington
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely teashop”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to Sophie T's with a friend for her birthday on a quiet Friday morning. The teashop is really cute and the vintage touches make it a lovely change from the other tea and coffee shops in Peterborough.
We both chose to have Victoria Sponge which was lovely and homemade. It's great that you get bottomlesss refills of tea and coffee but we waited around 15 minutes to have our drinks refilled while the lady who served us was chatting (we were the only people in there) but she was very friendly and did apologise.
We'll definitely be going back!