“The best restaurant in Peterborough”

The Fox at Folksworth
Ranked #27 of 472 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern British restaurant offering fine dining food.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had the pleasure of eating in this restaurant a couple of times in the months before Christmas, once for a birthday celebration and once just for a treat with friends. Both visits were enjoyable and the food was of a consistent and high standard.
On our second visit we had the taster menu with wine and it was excellent. I can recommend this restaurant not only for the food, but also for the excellent friendly service. In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in Peterborough.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I visited here for lunch on 27th December, We were both very pleasantly surprised fearing it may have been pretentious and overpriced.
We arrived and immediately had our coats taken and asked if we'd like to have a drink before sitting.
The decor was nice and neutral.
Our drink order was taken at the table and I requested water which was brought over by a friendly waiter.
We had a choice of lunch set two or three courses or the A la Carte.
We were given a variety of breads without asking and some parsnip soup (presentation) which was delicious, and I think they converted my wife as she normally hates parsnips and loved it, because it was free it tasted even better.
All the courses were served with a decent interval between them by friendly and efficient staff and we also received another delicious presentation of pre-dessert dessert.
We had the Fallen Apple and Textures of Chocolate for dessert and recommend both though the Fallen Apple is the best dessert I've ever had.
This is now our favourite Peterborough Restaurant and will make this an annual Christmas event with maybe a few visits in between.
Not cheap but very good quality and a great dining experience.

1  Thank MickSFP
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Made a booking for 8 people, rang up a few days before to extend to 9 people, being told there was no booking made. it was then rectified offering us a free bottle of cava on arrival. We had booked the chefs room for the 9 course tasting menu, Food was ok some things i would def not choose if i had the choice. The chef was ment to come and explain how each meal has been cooked, this happened only a few times throughout. In total the evening of eating 9 courses took 5 hours which was a bit to long.The waiter was excellent very cheerful and helpful, he explained most of the food to us and what it actually was. I would def like to return to try the main menu. I would recommend to friends. but maybe not to everyones taste.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The staff were very welcoming on arrival and immediately showed us to our table in the very comfortable and pleasantly decorated restaurant. The food was excellent and beautifully presented, reasonably priced with very attentive service. Well worth a visit. We shall certainly dine here again.

1  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Good food cooked to perfection , served nouvelle cuisine style, nice surroundings with good service, a little expensive in my opinion