“Super meal”

embe restaurant
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At embe Restaurant we pride ourselves on offering a Taste of Africa and the Caribbean from our Peterborough restaurant, just five minutes walk from the City Centre.Our menu includes delicious favourites such as Jambalaya, Jerk Mix and of course Curried Mutton plus some exciting new dishes for you to try.We are open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Found it hard to find initially. Service was very polite and efficient. Lovely food and unusual dishes for peterborough but its nice to have the variety. Both I and the Mrs M enjoyed the experience. Deserves high praise.

There are newer reviews for embe restaurant

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I visited with a friend having previously been to Embe and enjoyed my food.

The restaurant was busying up and we were seated at a table for 2 which was closely squeezed in between 2 others, this was not ideal but didn't ruin our experience.

There was a special 2 course menu running on a Tuesday so we ordered a starter & main course for £10.95. I enjoyed a Coconut Stuffed mushrooms, these were flavoursome and I soon polished them off.

For main course I had mutton curry, this was very nice, it also was abuzz with flavour and was clearly home made. I had a side dish of sweet potato with my meal, this looked slightly different to how I expected (It was green not orange!) but was absolutely tasty.

This was a very nice experience, the food was excellent and the young serving team took care of us throughout.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wow what a great find excellent food great atmosphere & the fresh coconut cake was to die for, will defenetly be going back.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We had an African colleague staying in England for the week and decided to have a meal at Embe. We loved the decor and atmosphere of the restaurant. The chef/owner was very attentive and the food was amazing and good value for money. We will certainly be paying a visit there again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We came here for my husbands birthday with my two children. We has the jerk mix if was fantastic the kids menu was excellent and great value. Friendly staff and the owner came out to talk to us several times. It was quiet at around 6 but were nearly full by the time we left. Thank you for an excellent carribean experience we will be back.