“Strictly Average”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Strictly Average”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

A family early afternoon meal. Restaurant was very quiet with only 2 other groups dining although plenty of staff on hand.

Waitress lacked confidence and enthusiasm when serving the table which showed through how slow our food was delivered. When our mains where ready could see them sitting at the pass but Waitress nowhere in sight! Also the restaurant had completely run out of Perri Perri Sauce, staggering esp with a supermarket across the road! Be agile!!!

Desserts took an age to arrive as well which not helpful when you have young children!

Food menu is vast, lots of choice. Predictably drinks menu over priced especially for non alcoholic cocktails.

Not a place I will hurry back to!

1 Thank WilliamAndTheodore

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Poor service and slow food delivery, even at quiet times”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Being a fan of Mexican food and living only minutes away from this restaurant, this really ought to be somewhere I visit regularly. However, this restaurant has consistently underperformed since it opened and I only visit when I read a batch of positive reviews, in the hope that perhaps it has changed.

On arrival, the restaurant was very quiet so the phone booking I made wasn't necessary. The tables were set, except for the table we were seated at which had no cutlery laid out - cutlery didn't arrive until after the starter had been delivered. The children were not offered any crayons or similar to amuse themselves, unlike at other tables, and the starters ended up taking 35 minutes to arrive. Despite asking the waitress twice whether the starter platter was 100% vegetarian, it was disappointing that two-thirds of the platter contained pork dishes.

The main course of chimichanga with sweet potato fries was presented in a chip pan basket, which caused some confusion - are you supposed to tip it all out onto the plate to eat? It was tasty enough, though portion sizes (but not prices) have reduced significantly since we ate here last time.

To be fair, the restaurant deducted some of the cost of the starter from the bill. But I would much prefer to have had a good time than to have gone home wishing I'd picked another restaurant.

As I want this restaurant to be successful, here are some suggestions to the management:
* please improve the delivery times of the food. If dishes are going to take more than 10 minutes, tell the diners. 35 minutes for starters in a quiet sitting just isn't acceptable.
* if food won't be quick, do parents a favour and offer children crayons or other activities to keep them amused. Otherwise parents get stressed and just want to go home, not spend more money on your food.
* ensure waiting staff know the menu and can advise the diner about suitable dishes.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank storuk
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Seems like a 2 Hour Stopover”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had an evening business meal with my co-property investors and decided to have it in Chiquito's...

Bar is excellent, however the food service is totally unacceptable.

It took them almost 2 hours, like a flight stopover... and when they served my food, they messed up as it's not what I've ordered. As I already lost my appetite... the food they serve with rice seems like a kids meal as the portion is too small!

I understand, the restaurant is a bit full... but 2 hours... not an excuse! They even have guts to charge for service fee...adding more insult to injury.

Should have gone to the burger shop next door called ronald!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 888DC888
“Marwan T”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I would have expected better quality for the amount they charge. £19 for an 8oz rib eye that tasted nice but was cold. A pepper sauce on the side was also cold. The salmon fajita was with peppers and onions. 4 thin slices of pepper and a huge portion of semi cooked onions. The burgers are ready made burgers. I cannot understand this mentality of ready made burgers. How difficult is it to make a burger. It tasted like rubber. Service was ok but food was not exciting. Forgot to mention that corn on the cob was awful. Won't be going there again

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marwan T
Ramsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wasn't perfect, but we had a great night :)”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went out with a group of friends for a birthday meal. The food choice was brilliant and it was delicious when it came! No complaints on that front :)

However we had to wait 2 hours just for our one course to come because the restaurant was so busy, but unlike the other reviews the staff (Especially Ben because he was awesome!) were very apologetic and we got drinks and nachos on the house and a big overall discount without asking. And we still had a great night! We'll be back!

• Visited October 2013