“Friendly , good food .”

Ranked #26 of 465 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Windmill provides great quality fresh food in stylish surroundings,we cater for large and small parties,ideal for a great meal out and business lunches alike. It also boasts a beautiful outdoor kid's area, and is very family friendly.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the windmill last I
Sunday with the family , a few service and kitchen mistake but the food and the friendly staff make it up .... I will recommend to every one

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Food overpriced, for let's face it, a pub that thinks it's a posh restaurant.
Had to ask for everything, like "can I have a children's menu please?"
Don't get me wrong, the food was average, but when I'm paying a premium for it, I expect a little service and hospitality.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We celebrated a family birthday with lunch at The Windmill and really enjoyed the visit. We had a one year old in the party and a highchair was in place with crayons and child's menu. The restaurant has a good atmosphere, is nicely decorated and has a piano which plays quietly some evenings apparently. Although the menu is not huge, the choice is good and quality of the food is excellent and cooked to order. Portion size is large and I had a burger which was delicious, as was my husbands sea bass. As we left the manager gave my son in law, who was celebrating his birthday, a small wrapped gift which was a lovely touch.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Held my wedding lunch here with close family only. Arrived to a beautifully laid table with extra detailing such as heart chocolates, décor etc, which The Windmill had arranged for me. The food was wonderful, better than expected and far more food than expected also. Complimentary Champagne was served with Desert and handmade Chocolate lollies, all of this was done without my knowledge prior. Couldn't have asked for a better day and the little extras were such a lovely surprise and made the day even more special. Not only that but extremely happy with how low the bar tab was...especially with my mum there ;) I would strongly recommend The Windmill for small functions/events and I look forward to returning again. Thanks again The Windmill staff

Reviewed March 31, 2014

So I had never eaten here before, and heard mixed reviews, but thought I would try it out for Mother's day - I wasn't disappointed! After a long day out, I had agreed to take my mum out that evening, but I was very tired so wanted a chilled evening, and I got it.

The waiter (I think his name was Marcus) was superb, so polite and didn't rush us, or try to upsell us, and he knew his specials well. The owners even came over to say hello, and gave my mum a Mother's Day gift!! They are new apparently, but I think they will do well if they carry on as they are - they are even expanding their Free from menu, which means I will definitely be returning with my partner, who has crohns disease.

To sum it up (as I am prone to waffle) - beautiful surroundings both inside and out, well maintained MASSIVE play area which my 9 yr old son loved, good food and varied menu (I had curry of the day, Thai chicken - amazing), personable service and I could afford to pick up the tab - brilliant, can't wait to go back, thank you so much for rounding off a special day so well!