“MMMMmmmmmmmm”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“MMMMmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Went for a Sunday lunch just on the off-chance they may have a table free as had heard many people saying how good this place was but how popular it is. Husband & I got there just as it opened for midday and were the first ones in there. He had the pate starter I chose not have a starter as don't have a big appetite. Main course he had the sirloin of beef with the trimmings of a roast dinner whereas I had the Venison cottage pie, on ordering it I enquired as to whether it came with any side veg but was told that there was veg in it but could order a side dish if I wanted to but probably wouldn't need to as it would be a big portion. Well the waitress wasn't wrong, I had to get my husband to help me finish it off and it was lovely. We were going to have dessert but were so full only had room for a cappuccino. We've tried their restaurant in the town Jim's Bistro in Feb for our anniversary meal which was excellent also, just got their other restaurant in Stamford Jim's Yard to try out next.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Endora69

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Lunch - warm service”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Had Sunday lunch here and the greeting was very warm and the staff are very eager to please. The food was really nice and the portions were good, although if you order whitebait as a starter there is enough for two, so be warned; I couldn't finish it and I hate wasting food. I would gladly have swapped some of this for more roast potatoes which are possibly the best I have ever tasted and the vegetables were very nice too. The sticky toffee pudding was to die for and I didn't want the experience to end! The service was very good overall, but I could see people looking around waiting to be offered or brought desserts and we too had to wait for this. I have recommended it to others and will definintely be back. Well done.

• Visited January 2011
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in peterborough”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We visited the beehive on a Friday night. We'd reserved a table and turned up to find it ready. The barmaids greeted us warmly and took our drinks order. She was happy to let me try a couple of ales to choose one that I liked, and then we made our way to our seat. The menu selection was very small, there were only four or five options for each course. I went for the pate and the burger. My wife had the soup of the day and fish and chips. Both starters were excellently presented and produced. I'd go as far as to say that the soul was the best pea and ham soup I've ever tasted! The mains came next and again were superbly presented. I must admit that I wondered if I had made a mistake with the burger as it appeared to be very small, especially in comparison to my wife's monsterous portion of fish and chips! However the burger wAs delicious and seasoned perfectly. The chips that came with it were the American style fries, which I didn't think were as good as the chunky ones my wife had with her fish, but were still very nice! For pudding I had two scoops of homemade ice cream and my wife had a chocolate parfait. The parfait wS nice, but the ice cream was out of this world! My wife doesnt like ice cream and she went as far ad to say that she'd come back just to have it again!
Over all I cannot praise the beehive enough. It is superb and should be everyone's first choice for a meal in Peterborough - except on the nights when I want a table!

2 Thank nadger79
peterborough
“Peterborough's Finest Pub”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We love it here, visited many times and will continue to do so.

The food is amazing and the bar prices are reasonable enough. Try the homemade pork scratchings or crisps with a lovely cold pint. Need something more then order one the excellent choices from the menu. Sunday lunch - Top Notch!

The decor is lovely, clean and bang up to date. The toilets are definately worth a mention and a visit.

If you are visiting Peterborough, please come and try out our lovely local. I am sure you will not be dissappointed.