“Not quite what I expected”
Review of Bull Hotel

Bull Hotel
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Kent
“Not quite what I expected”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Maybe I just had a bad experience as I had booked through work and was put in the business rooms? Turned up at 9.15am, asked for a quite room, given that they had not allocated all the rooms for the day I thought that this would a be an easy request to oblige. When I return to my room after work I had the delightful surprise of the air conditioning being attached to my outside wall of my room. Hardly quite. The bar area was really pleasant and generally the staff where helpful. Breakfast had a good selection and service was prompt. I would give the hotel one more go just encase I was there on an off day. However the room that I was moved to did have a very comfortable bed!

Room Tip: 125 has the A/C outside.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PeterboroughAprice, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear lorraine h,
Thank you for you review, I am very sorry that you were allocated a room that was too noisy for your liking. I can only conclude that our reception staff attempted to accommodate your initial request which was to check in at 9.15am, when most guests from the night before have barely checked out. This restricted our choice of rooms available to allocate to you, and therefore when you brought it to our attention, we were happy to allocate another later in the day.
I am really pleased that every other aspect of your stay met with your approval.
I do not think that we were having a bad day so much, more it was a case of the initial room offered did not match your exact requirements given your specific needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Alan Price

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was one of a small wedding party on saturday. The whole day was awesome. The hotel and manager was fantastic, so attentive. The room was fantastic and the young lads who served us were top class. Top marks to the chef the food was the best wedding dinner i have ever had. hot tasty and cooked to perfection, Will def be back to sample more of his dishes. The married couple were even given a free up grade to the honeymoon suite when we asked if they could. This was the icing on the cake to a perfect day in a perfect setting. will use the bull hotel for future dinners parties etc Big thank you to all the staff who made this possible

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Glenis C,
Thank you for posting your comments, and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the wedding celebration that you attended with us last week. I shall gladly make sure that everyone involved is made aware of your compliments.
We look forward very much to seeing you again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I actually live close to the centre of Peterborough (which if I am honest, I really don't like the city itself) and yet I like to stay at the Bull Hotel for the pure treat. The service is excellent and the bar and lounge is just so relaxing and comfortable. Even when I do not stay at The Bull, I often go to have a drink there with my partner or I meet up with friends. It is nice to be able to go to a place and enjoy such a pleasant atmosphere and not have to endure the noise or hustle and bustle of city centre life. The decor is quaint and traditional and adds something to the whole experience. I am pleased Peterborough city centre still has something special to offer for people other than those who like packed out bars, offering half-priced drinks where you can expect to be surrounded by people who are smashed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterboroughAprice, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Marie_k_a_n,
Thank you for your very kind review, we are all delighted that you enjoy what we have to offer and appreciate the way in which we differ from the rest.
Thank you, and we all look forward to seeing youagain very soon.

Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for a week for business.
Great location for town centre.
Restaurant great, good service and good choice of food.
Rooms are outstanding, robes, nice toiletries, huge bed, 5 star class.
Bar was superb, got in late AM from work and had top criac with barman and super choice of drinks.
Breakfast one of best I've had on my travels.
10 out of 10, loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PeterboroughAprice, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear C_R_JLP,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel, and we are all really pleased with your comments. We constantly strive to improve every aspect of the experience that we provide, a task which is made all the more worthwhile when our gusts respond to our efforts so positively. Thank you again, and we hope it will not be too long before we have the pleasure of looking after you again.

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been staying here when on business for over 12 years and the guys here are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are great and the location is central to everything you need. Well done guys keep it up.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Hookskevin,
Many thanks for your excellent review, we are all very pleased that you have enjoyed your most recent stay with us, and delighted that you continue to do so after twelve years. Our staff will be very pleased with you feedback when we discuss this at one of our briefing sessions and will share with me in looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The bull hotel has been recommended, so I thought I would give it ago, and I have to admit, as I pulled into the car cark my heart sunk - it looked a state.

Walked in to the hotel though and everything felt better, quite lush surroundings, feeling more like a boutique hotel.

Had a room in the executive wing (the corridors to the other rooms did look more shabby) and it was perfect, nice large bed, big flat screeen TV, trouser press, iron - and the best part for me, a nice big desk and offfice chair. It made quickly catching up on emails from the day a doddle on the free wifi.

Bathroom was very tasteful, nice tiles and a shower with good pressure.

Individual room air con meant I was very comfortable.

Breakfast was OK - you are served at the buffet, but the member of staff who was on was quite stingy with portions, and quite honestly looked like she would launch the food at me if I asked for more - not much of a cold offering.

Check out was nice and simple - and this would now be my first choice of hotel if staying in Peterborough on business again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PeterboroughAprice, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Andrew W,
Thank you for your review, I am not too sure what you mean when you say, your heart sunk when you entered the carpark, if you mean is the carpark like any other city centre hotel carpark, then I think I get your drift.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced our very unique hotel.
I am glad that we will in future be your first choice when staying in Peterborough, and look forward very much to welcoming you back very soon.

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We celebrated my grandmothers 90th birthday in the Restaurant on 7/6/13, from the moment we arrived till the moment we left we was treated like royalty, nothing was too much trouble for everyone, all the staff were friendly, the food excellent, and Dining service first class, I had spoken to the events team and explained I required wheelchair access. Ramps were in place when we arrived providing a stress free visit and access to all areas. We were certainly impressed and will visit again. Many thanks to Everyone at the Bull Hotel you made a very Special Lady have a Very Special Day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear trinnyK,
I was thrilled that the arrangements made for your Grandmothers 90th birthday last Friday were so well received, and thank you too, for taking the time to write not only on here, but directly to us here in expression of this.
My staff and I are truly delighted that in some way, we were able to establish a wonderful time for you and your family.
We hope to see you again very soon.