“Wedding at The Bull”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Hereford
“Wedding at The Bull”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was there as a wedding guest. Very impressed with hotel staff - very friendly and helpful. As previously mentioned, Andrew, the wedding coordinator was amazing - he remained very calm and was very organised even when surrounded by a stressed out bride to be and her friends (us!). We had a brilliant time - would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Helbel,
What a pleasure it was to read your review, and to look after you. No doubt, we hope to have the good fortune to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Alan Price

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just returned from a 3 day break in Peterborough, not the most inviting of places if you take note of recent media reports, illegal immigrants, unemployment etc, forget it !!
Peterborough has lots going for it, hidden gems such as a marvelous museum, fabulous cathedral, (would easily place it in the top 5 in the UK) both within 3 minutes walk of this wonderful hotel.
We used the excellent value Peel hotel group gold card, which allows you the comfort of their best rooms, coupled with superb meals, but the quality of their warm, friendly, and informative staff comes as standard to anyone.
Will definatly return.
One small note, whilst the hotel offers a large, and free car park at the rear, however, as it is in the centre of the city, not easy to find, (unless you have sat nav)

Room Tip: Request ground floor in new wing Note reception for I pads not brilliant although the hotel are cur...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Terry411,
Thank you for your review, we are all very pleased indeed, that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you say, Peterborough has so very much to offer in terms of a short break, and it is somewhat disapointing that people actually believe all that they read in the press.
We hope to welcome many more visitors to this excellent city.
Thank you once again for your kind words which we all appreciate, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband took me to The Bull Hotel for sunday lunch for our anniversary, it was the best sunday lunch I have eaten in a restaurant, everything was cooked just right and the staff were very friendly. I will be.be going back here thats for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear yogiebearF,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent Sunday lunch with us as part of your anniversary celebration. Haydn Laidlow our Executive Head Chef and his team will truly be delighted with your comments, and we all look forward to welcoming you back here again very soon.

Hereford
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Bull for 2 nights in April 2013 for a wedding of a good friend. The hotel and their amazingly friendly and helpful staff were fantastic! Andrew, the wedding co-orinordinator couldn't have been more professional and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and everything was perfectly executed. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the breakfast was delicious, fully cooked English breakfast and a wide range of fruit, cereal and pastries. The bathroom was clean and very well maintained. All in all we were comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, The hotel was in the middle of Peterborough and the shopping was good! Very good!! All of the staff need to congratulate themselves with a job well done! I will defo be back! Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed in a twin room. Do not worry when you approach the hotel from the rear carpark, it is not a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear pennyjames,
Thank you for your wonderful review, and we are delighted that everything with your recent stay was to your satisfaction. Andrew will be particularly pleased with your kind words regarding the way in which he looked after the wedding that you attended, and I must thank you for mentioning our excellent staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently got married at the bull hotel (13/4/13) and I want to say how perfect and magical they made our day feel! All the staff were amazing and extremely helpful! The function rooms were dressed beautifully for my ceremony, wedding breakfast and my evening reception. Every thing I needed, no matter how big or little, they did it instantly to best of their ability!! My wedding co-ordinator was absolutely amazing (Andrew). He went above and beyond for every single guest of ours and was especially helpful for me and my husband! I will be eternally greatful to everyone at this hotel for giving us the wedding of our dreams! I would recommend absolutely everyone to have their wedding at The Bull hotel! I would recommend anyone to stay at the bull hotel! I would recommend anyone to eat at the bull hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear ZSharpe,
That was a wonderful review and so enthusiastic, for which I am really grateful.
I am really pleased too, with your kind words regarding the way in which Andrew looked after you on the day, he will be thrilled.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and we hope that it will not be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was there for a night only on a business trip. The hotel is no more than 10 min walk from the station and in the city centre near the pubs, restaurants and shops. Very happy with the reception, rooms, bar, etc.

Next time I'm in town, I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr_Muna,
Thank you for your review, and I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay.
We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was only here for 2 short days, but felt I got decent service all round when i required it, in a nice clean hotel with a warm environment, location was perfect for me, very central, a general thumbs up if you don't mind a little price tag for your comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear EnglishTourist1985,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.