“Warm, friendly and comfortable”

Bridge Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Bridge Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 35 Peterborough B&B and Inns
Cotswolds
“Warm, friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Bridge Cottage is a warm and friendly B&B which we stayed at for just one night. It is beautifully appointed right on the river with a deck and pretty garden.
The room was well equipped and the bed comfortable and Judy went to a lot of trouble to ensure we had everything we needed. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms are similar
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tillicoultry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had a great 4 night stay here while attending a friend's wedding in nearby Peterborough. Peterborough is about a 15 minute drive from the B and B. The location is gorgeous. It is located in the village of Woodnewton and the area is full of picturesque villages and even more picturesque views. The B and B itself borders a stream (I very much enjoyed sitting there in the evening - a very peaceful experience) and looks out some very lovely country. I also enjoyed the fact that my room had a view of a paddock with horse and pony. Animal lovers and bird watchers will love it here. This morning the owners found a hedgehog nest which I had the joy of seeing before it was carefully covered up so as not to disturb the animals. There are also lots of birds to be seen and I had the pleasure of spotting a Red Kite.

Judy and Rod are lovely hosts. I was the only guest the weekend I was here and I was spoilt rotten! I very much enjoyed my time with them and the breakfasts Judy prepares are lovely and just the right way to start the day.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, relaxing and elegant. I was in a twin room with en-suite (I got a free upgrade because of being the only guest - Thank you!) which gave me the best night's sleep I've had in a few months.

I can't recommend this B and B highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Holly H
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Lovely owners, fantastic views of little brook and cattle field, great in summertime. breakfasts are top notch too. very clean and a super location for exploring northants, etc...would highly recommend to others - also great pub 3 min walk into village and lots of other excellent options in nearby villages.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hazmorton
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed her with my husband for a wedding at Fortheringhay. We had a very warm welcome at arrival. She also offered us a lift to the church. Think the whole house was booked by wedding guests. She kindly reminded us when we left of our keys yet still we did not grab a front door key and had to ring her at just around midnight. She was very gracious for our horrible mistake.

Though the house was next to the road, it was very quiet. Stayed in the orchard room; no en-suite but has a private bathroom 1 door away. The room and bathroom were very clean. The towels smelt very nice and was very fluffy! We lingered in the beautiful garden before breakfast. Options of full English, cereals, and fresh fruit.

Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you require a beautiful place to stay that is run by friendly genuine people set in a picturesque little village then Bridge Cottage is definitely for you. Situated at the edge of the village of Woodnewton with views that overlook stunning countryside the Cottage has a well kept garden that has a lovely decking area next to the Willow brook that brings a feeling of tranquility as it runs silently past. Our room, the garden room, was clean and airy with modern decor that does not deflect from any of its charm and character. Our spotless ensuite bathroom was stocked with toiletries and clean towels and there was also great coffee available to enjoy with biscuits. We were advised to book a table at the White Swan in Woodnewton which was located approximately 5 minutes walk away. Offering a diverse menu that offers quality food at very reasonable prices we were not disappointed and the friendly staff were very accommodating making us feel welcome from the moment we entered. On return to our room we enjoyed a comfortable sleep in a King Size bed prior to a delicious breakfast in the kitchen cooked by the owner, a lovely lady, named Judy who advised us of what attractions to see in the local area. My girlfriend and I would love to stay here again and advise anyone wishing to find accommodation in the area that this is the place to stay. Many thanks to Judy and her partner for having us and we both look forward to seeing you again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JaseKeano
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bridge Cottage is in a idyllic setting along a babbling brook outside the bustling city. There are four rooms available. Our room was located upstairs and had twin beds which could be converted to a king. It included a dressing table, a tea tray, nightstands, and a dresser with TV. The beds were comfortable and the room was quite. Internet was available in the room. The bathroom included a walk in shower (no tub) and was quite spacious. Breakfast consisted of cereal, fruit, and a cooked breakfast that you selected from an order sheet the evening before.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are mobility impaired, there is one downstairs room available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aw0rld2travel
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I found my stay at Bridge Cottage to be very pleasant. Judy and Rod could not do enough to help any requirements that I had and made me feel more than welcome. I would definitely stay again and recommend to any friends.

• Stayed June 2013