“Good standard hotel”

Days Inn Peterborough
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Last minute hotel booking, excellent service at check in.

The room is quite large with a good TV.

For food you have to go either to the services next door or a 5 minute drive into Peterborough, I went into Town more to relieve the boredom of another business trip.

Breakfast was next door t the services.

Room Tip: Buy a breakfast token from the reception, better value than the services.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped here midweek on business and didn't know what I would expect for £46.50 per night. 24 hour reception, comfortable en-suite room tasteful decor with coffee & tea making facilities. Free wifi which was surprising. With the Days Inn chain there is no on site restaurant but we went into town for a meal. There is a Costa Coffee next door in the services where we went for breakfast. One draw back was that I found the pillows not to my liking. All in all a pleasant inexpensive stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig J
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay within easy reach of Burghley only about 30mins away if you leave fairly early.
Very friendly & clean. Good facilities on same site, garage, Costa coffee, restaurant.. Dog friendly.Plenty of room in separate lawned area to exercise dogs
Reasonably priced nice big rooms with lovely big comfortable beds. Plenty of space for 2 adults & 3 dogs.

Room Tip: Choose Executive rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate R
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here on business for 2 nights and found they hotel nice and clean and comfortable. It is on a motorway service area and has no restaurant facilities so you have to make do with the services. The room was very clean and the staff very helpful but its just a stopover place really, not to be used as a base for touring. It is ideal for a business stopover with wifi and all the basics you need, would benefit from a bar though for residents.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Check In - Appalling. We arrived at 12:35pm and as I approached the desk I was greeted and told our room was ready. We then unloaded all our stuff from the car into the lobby where the receptionist explained we would be charged £10 for arriving early as it was standard practice, although we could wait for 30 minutes in the lobby until they would allow us to check in.

Now I appreciate that if you know you are going to arrive at 8am say - and you want to check in right away then there should absolutely be an early check in fee. They would have to ensure there was a vacant and clean room sooner than the standard check in time. However when I was told our room was clean and ready to then be charged £10 for the pleasure of 30 minutes this just seem ludicrous customer service!

We then proceeded to sit - using the free wifi and watching the telly in the lobby for 30 mins until we were allowed to check in. I totally appreciate if we had arrived unreasonably early then I would have happily paid but 30 minutes.. I just thought it was ridiculous when our room was empty and waiting for us to make us sit in a lobby which would have made NO difference to them at all. Just plain bad customer service.

I have never experienced this before so I was rather shocked and glad we didn’t have our kids with us or it would have been a nightmare – but it’s a budget hotel so I should have lapped the car park a few times until we reached the OFFICIAL check in time.

Bed was very un-comfy with breeze blocks for pillows but room was spacious with a power shower. Aircon didn’t work but we just had the window open instead as it was very hot inside.

Good night for a cheap stay but I guess they make up the money you save with ridiculous charges elsewhere. I have stayed in many budget hotels before who have done all they can to make you feel comfortable and not enforced ridiculous charges when they really arent needed.

Room Tip: We took an executive king room which was actually two singles pushed together.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked Days Inn Peterborough,with fairly low expectations-situated in the Peterborough Extra services near the A1 but any port in a storm,how wrong I was! I received a friendly and quick check-in,although no bar beer,wine,water and soft drinks where available from reception at any time and there was a lounge area on the first floor.The room was quite large,the bed comfortable,AC worked well and biggest surprise was although I could see the A1 from my room I was not disturbed at all.Breakfast is available from a number of outlets in the services.On the down side some of the public areas where a little tired but then this is a very high turnover hotel.
I have already booked in for the following weeks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nickrowlerson
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on business for us the location was perfect just off the motorway so we didn't have ages finding it. However there isn't much around just a few food places hence it's near the motorway.
The staff are lovely and helpful.
Our room was lovely, radiated towel rail (but one was nearly teared off the wall, we didn't say anything about it but thought the cleaner wound have) tea & coffee, proper closet not just a few hangers and a rail nice working biggish shower and spare pillows.
The towel rail let it down though.

• Stayed: September 2012