“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Brasserie

Bombay Brasserie
Ranked #56 of 422 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My favourite Indian restaurant in Peterborough. Excellent atmosphere, extremely friendly and efficient service. Wide choice of food with vegetarian options. Food is delicious! The family and I are always made to feel extremely welcome. Pukka class!

• Visited September 2012

Peterborough
“Always excellent, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Bombay Brasserie is one of my very favourite restaurants in Peterborough. There is an excellent choice, the atmosphere strikes a nice balance between class and informality and the staff are highly courteous and attentive; however it must be said that there are times when the place appears understaffed relative to the number of customers and this can grate somewhat.

I have eaten here many times and find it to be a real treat and good value. Dinner is much preferable to the relatively sparse lunch choice though. In my opinion, the best Indian restaurant in town and highly deserving of the praise it receives.

• Visited September 2012
Good ol Britain !
“Great Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lovely resturant for either lunch or dinner plenty to choose from staff helpful if you need guideance

Visited May 2012
Brighton
“Fantastic banquet menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went with a group and had the £18 banquet meal which was really good and great veggie options, griddled paneer especially nice. Service good and the place was comfortable and clean

• Visited February 2013
Peterborough
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been going to the Bombay Brasserie, about 3 times a year, for the last 25 or so years. We pretty always go on a Saturday evening either just my wife and myself or with other family members. We have always thought that the food has been of a high standard and there is a good variety of choice. We have, on occasions been slightly put off by the owner/ managers way of talking to us as customers however as I said we enjoy the food. Indeed after a particularly good meal I have, in the past, reviewed the restuarant, very positively, for Tripadvisor.

Prior to our most recent visit we went to the restuarant in October 2012. Despite getting our drinks quickly and our order being taken within 5 minutes there was no sign of our food and eventually after waiting for 1 hour and 15 minutes we gave up and left. While we were very disappointed because we do like the restuarant we decided to assume this was a "one off" and we did not do a review for Tripadvisor.

We returned to the restuarant on 12 January 2013. We were immediately shown to our table and our drinks were served promptly. Again our food order was also taken quickly. When, 50 minutes later, our food had still not been served we really felt that enough was enough. I went to the bar to pay for our 2 drinks and the waiter was most apologetic and gracious. Ronny, the owner/manager, then came over and I said I felt that to receive such appalling serice on consecutive occasions was appalling. (I stress I did not raise my voice nor use innappropriate language) Ronny said this was my opinion and that I should keep it to myself!!!

Our conversation lasted less than a minute and in my opinion his attitude was high handed, disinterested and arrogant. It seemed he couldn't have cared less.

I certainly do not blame the waiting staff. They are pleasant and work really hard but we have often thought that he does not have sufficient staff for busy Saturday nights

As we were going on holiday 3 days after our visit I decided to do a review on our return so that there would be no danger of an over reaction

It is a shame but after the way we were treated there is no way we will go back to the Bombay Brasserie

• Visited January 2013