“Don't eat lunch if having the seafood platter!”
Review of Jetty Restaurant

Jetty Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jetty Restaurant is located at the Murchison Lodge Motel in Somerset, near Burnie. It is operated independantly of the motel however. The young chef does a marvellous job and by far it is the best place to go for a restaurant meal in the Burnie area.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were staying at the motel so went here for convenience. The garlic bread lacked garlic so was more like toast with butter. We ordered the seafood platter and died when it came out. We sadly didn't finish it so I would recommend you are hungry before tackling this. It was very nice with heaps of variety. I'm sure it would be super tasty in summer.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I never would have expected this from looking at the outside. But never judge on just the looks. The food was in 1 word excellent. Very recommendable. Actually if you are staying in the area and need a pla
ce to eat, this is the place to go to.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had been wanting to try the Jetty Restaurant for some time and we finally did tonight. What a wonderful, delicious experience it was! The waitress was fantastic, the ambiance of the restaurant was cozy, romantic and warm. The food was the best food we have had in a LONG time from any of the restaurants or pubs from along the North West Coast.
We now have a new favourite restaurant.

2  Thank Allison C
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Whilst at first I was out off a little by the price I was quickly impressed by the size of the servings as I saw them coming out to other tables! The nice table cloths and little tea lights are a nice touch and the tables are very spaced out allowing for a decent amount of privacy. The servings are huge - my 6'3 boyfriend has yet to finish the parmi and chips! The first time we visited I had the chicken burger - great taste and nice fresh salads and bread. The second time I had the salmon from the specials menu and the fillet was so big I wasn't even able to finish it - let alone the veggies that came with it!! The crumbed mushrooms are a great little starter as is the bruschetta. Highly recommend it to all!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This restaurant has a new chef. The menu is extensive enough to provide for everyone and the food is really good. The servings are substantial. The desserts are also home made which is a really nice treat in this age of mass factory produced crud.The staff are a delight and when they are busy extra staff come from the motel to assist. I'm definitely returning and recommend as the best value place to dine in Burnie.