Marina Puesta del Sol
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewspeninsulaguestsbeachesgranadaleonfun
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Loved the place. Very secluded and safe. The food is amazing and fair in price. The beach is awesome and the staff is very friendly. The only inconvenience was driving about 2 km of unpaved road with no road signs announcing the hotel before getting there. I would recommend starting your day as early as possible and if you are not staying, drive back before sunset.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Douuzer305
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The location of this hotel was exceptional. The water was clear and fresh, the pools were well situated and so close to the beach that you could smell the sea air as you swam, played water sports, and just lingered in the water to watch the volcanoes. Being there was a WOW moment. It seemed we were the only people there. This I liked, but it made me wonder if it could be made more available to other travelers. The rooms were the best I have stayed in, and the views were spectacular. The sunrise behind the string of volcanoes across from our rooms will always be remembered.
Beyond the location, the service was great. The rooms were first rate. The bar and restaurant were right on the water. The food was fresh and delicious. We had the best cevichi ever. We also went fishing. There is a marina right at the hotel. A very contemporary and unusual find in Nicaragua.

Room Tip: The second floor has a better view of the water and the sunrise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marytravelirene
Reviewed February 23, 2010

It was luxurious with a charming rustic appeal. I loved every second! The lap of luxury spiced with just the right amount of pure Nica. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is authentic and very surreal. It was my first trip to Nicaragua. I will treasure it all of my life. The remote location of Northern Nicaragua made the trip eye an opening adventure of pure joy. We surfed, caught fish, ate fresh mangos everyday and deeply relaxed. In room massages are a treat. I really love this place and have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank SurfratoSanOno
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This is a magical place for people who want to have it all, relaxation, beautiful scenery, great accommodations and food, and recreation, including tennis, horseback riding, fishing and kayaking. Sunsets on the private beach were glorious. This past time was my wife, son and myself. The last time, 4 years ago, was with extended family where we prevailed upon the owners to prepare a special feast for us which included freshly prepared lamb. We found the staff to be very attentive to our needs and requests.
I felt the value for the money was excellent, considerably beter than our trip to Costa Rica two years ago.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank michael827
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Just returned from an amazing vacation in Nicaragua at a most relaxing place for my family including three teenagers, Marina Puesta del Sol. Though we appreciated the hotel for its comfort, privacy and excellent service, our 3 teenagers were never bored. In addition to the usual water activities, there was fishing, horseback riding and paddling around in kayaks. Economically, it was an exceptional deal for my family. Also, the Marina management and staff kept all things running very smooth - the generators kicked in fast when the quirky Nicaraguan power problems occurred. The rooms were spacious with great views. Our initial trip to Central America was all that we hoped it would be - Marina Puesta del Sol was our good fortune!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family