Chancletas Beach Resort
Marina Puesta del Sol(Aposentillo)
$219
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssurf tripcentral americasurf shopperfect place to relaxnightly specialsnice poolheaven on earthboat ridefan roomhorse ridingthe entire staffnorthern nicaraguagreat tripweek long vacationbeach resortgreat surfnew friends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights...my husband surfs, I don't so 4 nights was enough for me as there is nothing else to do. If you have your own car then you could check out other surf spots along the coast or maybe go fishing, however if you don't have your own car and you don't surf then bring a lot of books with you to read. You can't even chill on the beach that much as the waves are too strong to swim in in, the beach is black ash sand and there are lots of dogs. Despite all this we really enjoyed ourselves. It is not cheap by Nicaraguan standards but then you do get value for money with the food. A great place.....if you like to surf.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room that could sleep up to 5 people (2 double beds and a single bed), private bathroom, AC, balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiran J
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped in to Chancletas after a crazy stressful day driving through both honduran border crossings and needed to crash. Pulled in late and didn't have reservations but they had a few beds available in the dorm and said we could stay.

The swell wasn't great, but we were way more focused on chilling and refreshing (hiding from the sun) before moving on to the next stop south.

Beer (tona) was WAY cold and refreshing for $1.50US. Food was just okay but the crowd here was great. Surfers from many different places relaxing under the main palapa and playing frisbee on the lawn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place was a great way to begin our trip in Nica. We stayed in the private room on the upper floor with the most amazing view of the ocean. Balcony was perfect for an am yoga session, evening cocktail and scouting waves. For Nica, it was luxurious. Sheets were clean, bed really comfy and bathroom nice and clean too. Room service each day was a treat and staff were nice. You could tell a lot of thought went into the design of the place. I.e. you could open the windows at night for a great breeze which isn't available in a lot of places. I would say if the room was $10 less I would have given it a 5 star rating as I thought it was just a little on the high side.
Restaurant was pretty good, a little pricy but still tasty. Dinner specials were nice.
They have an amazing taxi guy (Alvero) who picked us up from the airport. He was awesome! Really friendly, great conversation and helpful tips on travelling in Nica. We ended up using him again for another ride because he was so friendly.

Room Tip: If you stay in the private rooms ask for the upper level for the best views!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went with a group of guys from the surf shop where I work... We had a blast! Great people, great food, heavy surf... all around good trip. The owners and employees took great care of us. We split an A/C room, it was well worth it, and a pretty good value as well... I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
HotelChancletas1, Owner at Chancletas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thanks so much !!
hope you can make it back again :)
Hotel Chancletas

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had the time of my life here!!!! Just got back to California and wish I was still there!!! The lifestyle and good Vibrations and perfect surf was more then i could ever ask for,cant wait to go back!!! Everything was perfect and relaxing and sooooo fun!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends