“Super week day lunch in the sunshine”
Review of The White Bear

The White Bear
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Ruislip
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Since it changed hands I have been wanting to visit as I've heard good things. We went at 1pm on a Friday lunchtime, 4 of us for a family meal. As the weather was fantastic we sat in the garden. Great welcome, excellent service, really good food. The steak frites and haddock with mash were selected off the set menu and from the a la carte we had fish and chips (really excellent quality) + vegan cottage pie. Everyone was impressed. Desserts were amazing - especially coconut rice and strawberry fool. The service during them meal and at the end was professional and friendly. Really enjoyed it.

Ruislip W, General Manager at The White Bear, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Hi SaucyHorse,

thank you for the nice review.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your lunch in our garden.

I hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We took the whole family to the White Bear for my husbands 70th birthday. Food brilliant, service great, and the children were made welcome Thoroughly enjoyed it

Hi Elaine,

thank you for the great review.

I am really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time here with us.

I hope you will be with us again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Great food but some people do not know how to behave in public, and two tables were very loud, it was very hot but we had a cool breeze blowing through could have been the draft from the mouth of the loud groups

Hi 323daveo,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about our restaurant.

I am sorry if it was noisy in the restaurant.

I hope you have enjoyed everything else and that you will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This is my “go-to” bar restaurant when I am visiting family in the district. Like it’s sister establishment, The Hare in Harrow Weald, the service and food are always very high quality.
The fixed price menus are good value, and not smaller portions like some places. The wine list is good, with (partisan here) some New Zealand wines in evidence. And the beers are both local and international.
The menu varies from month to month so it’s not always easy to recommend specific dishes. I would say, however, that the fish is always fresh, and cooked to perfection.

Hi Earthsounz,

thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our restaurant.

Thank you for the kind words, I will let the team know. I am also glad to hear that you are regularly visiting the White Bear when you are in the area.

I hope you will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Never disappointed by the quality and variation of food. Visited for lunch and this must be one of the best eating places in this area. Great food, friendly staff. The quality of the food always surprises me. Wish I lived nearer to visit more.

Ruislip W, General Manager at The White Bear, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Hi epspjs,

thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our restaurant.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoy every visit.

I hope you will visit us again soon.