“Pretty good all round”

Tao Peking
Ranked #22 of 94 Restaurants in Ruislip
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Pretty good all round”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My first visit to this restaurant, a birthday dinner for my daughter so 5 of us to eat. We were met at the door and escorted to a table however my eldest daughter asked if we could have another (which she pointed to) as she felt the first chosen was too close to a waiters route. This was no problem for the head waiter and we were shown to a better (and larger) table further into the restaurant. We ordered some drinks first and the waiter produced two menu's the 'eat as much as you like' menu and the a la carte. We went for the EAMAYL menu which had over 150 dishes on it. I won't go into a long list of what we chose but from starter, thru the crispy duck, soup and onto the main courses, all was uniformily good, tasty and hot. Waiters asked us on several occasions if we required more (we didn't). The restaurant has a 'Chinese Elvis' performing from time to time but unfortunatelty the evening of our visit was not one of these. By the time we finished the main course we didn't have any room for the deserts or tea and coffee. There was no pressure around time from the waiters (we were sitting for about two and a quarter hours). The bill was around £140 (the EAMAYL was £19.80 per person plus 10% service charge). I'm not completely convinced this was good value for money as one of our party didn't eat very much and, if I could be bothered to work it out, it may have been more cost efficient to order individual dishes however the evening was a success so no complaints really.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MaxLondon2

Chester, United Kingdom
“One of the best place for Chinese food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Lots of options on Menu card even for vegetarian. I was initially very hesitant but I was pleasantly surprised by the food & brilliant service. Excellent veggie soups as well. Would certainly visit the place again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank indianUKdoctor
london
“works christmas party”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

my company had been here before 3 years ago and I could not make it
they all said the food was great
we were all very disappointed this year the starter was cold and not enough for all 4 tables of 10 people
for £43.50 per head is was not value for money
entertainment was good

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Chinese”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great food at a very good price. Have been here for both takeaways and to eat in and never been disappointed. Service is quick and efficient, a fantastic venue for a meal.

• Visited November 2013
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Tao Peking Ruislip High Street”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and always have the set menu.
Food always cooked to order and never disappoints, prices are also good.

Visited November 2013