“Top Drawer”

Ranked #7 of 109 Restaurants in Ruislip
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great local cafe with a warm vibrant atmosphere.

Not usually one to write reviews but feel compelled to after a wonderful lunch last week. I guess most people will only take to their keyboards when motivated by negative experiences but rarely have I felt so positive and satisfied after what was only intended to be a simple lunch.

The service was friendly and welcoming but more importantly the staff were up to speed with their menu and helpful during the ordering process. Furthermore, they were more than happy to accommodate any slight variations as required.
The food arrived promptly and the soup of the day - 'Leek & Potato' was delicious and seasoned to perfection. Jacket potato to follow which was hot and fresh and the tuna topping as good as I have tasted.
I didn't go outside as it was a cold, wet day but there is a quiet, secluded terrace at the rear of the restaurant which seems like a perfect 'getaway' spot!

Overall, I would recommend that you try this place. Way better than the 'chain' alternatives.

2  Thank Andy P

Reviewed January 11, 2014

we had been to this café in the summer with a friend and we were not disappointed with our second visit to a very cosy café with an extensive breakfast/lunch menu.The staff were very welcoming and attentive.my daughter ordered something from the menu and requested a variation which was accommodated.they have a lovely rear garden area and the food is always good.requests are met with smiles and a CAN do approach.better to support the local independent than the bland costa coffee or café nero in the high street.also dog friendly ..thank you RED ONION STAFF for being so welcoming on a chilly January day!!!

2  Thank jacqui2110
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have literally just come back solely to write this review. A friend who is 8 months pregnant has just moved into Ruislip and I Decided to take her to the Red Onion. I had my 1 year old child asleep in her pushchair. No help or consideration was offered by ANY staff. I asked the blonde wrinkly woman if my pushchair would cause any obstruction and was told no in a very unfriendly tone. We then sat there for 25 minutes WAITING to be served. We made attempts to order but we were ignored. After 25 minutes I was extremely embarrassed to have taken my friend there. We got up to leave and not ONE staff member asked questions. In particular the look out for the blonde wrinkly woman who knew we were sitting there without being served. I stared at her while putting on my coat and she didn't even say a word. I was absolutely disgusted. I let a staff member know how disgusted I was on the way out. I can safely say after 6 years of living in Ruislip I will NEVER return to this place. Absolutely disgusted - especially with the blonde very wrinkly woman.

8  Thank Nicsha
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I lunched here with a friend who is vegetarian as it seemed attractive and reasonably priced. I had a jacket potato which had obviously been cooked some time previously and reheated. It came with unremarkable cheese and unpleasantly greasy but otherwise bland bacon topping. The coffee I had with it was weak, milky and tasted of cheap catering coffee powder. My friend had a cheese salad roll which she said she enjoyed and a cup of tea which was better than the coffee. I wouldn't go back as there are plenty of other cafes in Ruislip where I could get nicer food at similar prices.

1  Thank MaggieJ32
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Always to a certain standard and you can ask for variations on some menu items.
We like to go into a friendly local cafe where the owner is keen to be helpful.
Anyone wanting a cuppa and a snack is not going to be disappointed here.