“My local chippie and I'm proud of it!”
Review of Aquarius

Aquarius
Ranked #63 of 95 Restaurants in Ruislip
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ruislip
“My local chippie and I'm proud of it!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have tried other fish & chip shops in the area but none compare to the quality of fish and crisp of the chip at the Aquarius! We have eaten in but prefer to take away as the place is soooo popular you can feel a bit overlooked by the queues.
The staff are polite, friendly and happy in their work which helps keep the queues both moving and jovial.
There is a broad variety of fish and matzo oil options for all- all fish and chips are cooked to order
If you want to avoid the queue, phone up to order then you can go straight to the front to pick up your fish up.

• Visited August 2013

london
“Great local fish and chips”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lovely fresh cod, chips and peas, worth the usual 10-12 mins. Best local fish and chip place around Ruislip area.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Always worth the wait”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We regularly use this restaurant and even though the queues can be large it is well worth the wait. I have now taken to calling my order through so that I can skip the queue and most of the wait.

• Visited July 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Best chippy in Metroland”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Chips are excellent, service is friendly and they don't leave you hanging about for ages, prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food. The steak and cheddar pies though, they're just something else.

• Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Quality Hiccup”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I used to go to this place regularly a few years ago. Infact I went every week. The standard has always been extremely good. I do not go that regularly now but still every now and then I pay them a visit. On the last few occasions I must admit the standard had fallen a bit. On the last couple of times before tonight, the fish (cod) although fantastic quality has been a bit oily and the potatoes which were usually crunchy, fluffy and golden were oily, soggy and undercooked. They use to use Cyprus potatoes I guess (as some people might know they are some of the best). I went tonight after some time and the Fish was superb together with the chips. However the chips are not quite the same as they used to be. Please go back to the original potatoes you used to serve. Aquarius gives you an incredible amount of chips even if you opt for the regular portion. My suggestion to them is ( and here I go against my own interests) why don’t they give less chips and go back to using Cyprus potatoes or whatever variety they used before, thus containing costs.
Overall Aquarius still remains one of the best fish and chips in the area and beyond.

• Visited March 2013