“I felt exploited, dreadful customer experience..”

Ramada London South Ruislip
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
N. Ireland
“I felt exploited, dreadful customer experience..”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Spent a single night here this week.. But some other poor guests we met had to endure it longer.. Endure it because the rooms had no hot water, none. It's been like this all week, but the check in staff forgot to mention this to us. Had they done the dutiful thing we would have not stayed here..

We didn't even realize how bad this was until the morning after - we just assumed the hot water was taking an age to flow through... Not.

So I called '0', reception, but although I could hear them answer they couldn't hear me.. The phone was broken!

So the nail in the coffin of our experience was at check out, "there was no hot water" I said ... "Yes we know" she said... "I tried to call reception but the phone doesn't work" I said.. "Yes we know" she said... "That's a dreadful customer experience" I said.. "Yes we know" she said..

Not even an apology never mind a refund or a gesture.

I shall not be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beckinhill
RamadaLR, Manager at Ramada London South Ruislip, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that was caused by our boiler being broken during your stay. You were not informed on check-in, as the engineer had assured us that the boiler was fixed, unfortunately this was not permanent and the boiler ceased working again shortly after.
With regards to our reception staff at check-out, I can assure that the staff were genuinely sincere and had no intention of offending.
If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact us directly.

Mr Johal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Awful stay. No hot water for 5 days. Room service errors and charging problems. Delayed laundry and a manager that is never there. Avoid this hotel at all costs. Awful experience and then on checkout not even an apology. Terrible!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We understand that the situation regarding the boiler was inconvenient, unfortunately it was due to circumstances beyond our control.
During your stay we worked tirelessly with numerous engineers to repair the boiler.
Regarding your laundry, we have spoken to our laundry service and have been assured that the laundry was returned in a timely manner. As you did not mark the form for same day delivery, the laundry was returned the next day as it would usually be.
I would like to apologise once more for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Mr Johal

Travelers are raving about these Ruislip hotels

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Got to my hotel room , tried to run some hot water for a bath and it was freezing cold , called reception and they could do nothing but apologise for the situation and offer me a discount ,
So the service is ok but doesn't make up for the fact I had to boil serval kettles to have a bath. Then to continue my stay I had noisy neighbours ! I had to ring reception who had promised they would move them if they continue to be noisy ! What a disappointing stay ! Worst hotel I've stopped at ! Especially when I'm up for business the following morning !

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience during your stay. We had an issue with our boiler which unfortunately could not be fixed immediately and therefore required some patience. We tried to rectify the matter as much as possible by offering a discounted rate.
In 10 years of business, this has been the first time that we have had any issue with our boiler and due to the unforeseen nature of the breakdown, it was not repaired as quickly as had been hoped.
I apologise again for your experience and thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay and found the place to be well maintained, well presented, clean and tidy. Everything you could ask for a top end 3 star urban chain hotel.
Check in and check out were swift and efficient. We had an issue with the bill which was the booking agent's fault - NOT THE HOTEL'S FAULT - and the reception staff resolved it efficiently and professionally without and fuss. I got the style and standard of intelligent and well trained service and respect that I would expect from a 5 star hotel - well above what I would expect from a 3 star hotel like this.
The bar drinks we thought were very reasonable for a london area quality hotel.
The bar food portions were generous and although the food would not win awards there were no complaints and it was, tasty, good value for money and served piping hot.
There was free parking to the rear protected by a barrier with a manned attendent which was a real welcome comfort from a secuirty perspective.
Right next to south ruislip station which is very handy.
Our double room was comfy and well appointed, clean and well presented. No awards for space or design but certainly no complaints either.
Bathroom was well presented and clean.
TV had decent freeview channels.
Continental breakfast included a reasonable choice of fruits, cereals and pastries and was certainly far more than adequate.
Cooked breakfast, to order, was very average and ingredients and presentation were oriented to low cost, high volume, rather than high quality. But it was tasty enough and properly cooked - no awards - no complaints.
Later on friday evening we sat in the bar and there was a bit of commotion from a young couple having an argument with each other in reception - NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL and a security guard soon arrived and positioned himself discretely near the door to reassure guests that there was a security presence when/if required. It was a friday night in an urban london suburb so the occassional raised voice and altercation later in the evening is not unexpected of course.
I would not hesitate to go back here and would reccommend it to anyone wanting a clean and professional chain style hotel. I would say it was at the VERY TOP END FOR AN URBAN 3 STAR CHAIN HOTEL.
Far more like a traditional 4 or 5 star hotel than something like a travellodge or premier inn would be.
I would say this place punches a bit above its weight and good on them for achieving this - well done.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Freshwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had to find a hotel near to Wembley and Uxbridge so chose this hotel.
I arrived early evening and was given room on the first floor.The room was worn but very clean and so I settled down for an early night.the big problem became apparent as soon as I opened the window.
The kitchen extract fan from the pub next door meant that sleep was impossible!
I rang the front desk and asked when it would stop and when the said 11pm I requested another room and was given a room on the opposite side of the same floor.
Again the room was OK but this time I had the trains from the next door South Ruislip Station.
I eventually got some sleep but my tip would be request a room on the upper floors if possible.
The free breakfast was adequate and the staff were pleasant but there was a small issue surrounding my invoice which was e mailed later that day.
I would stay here again but only if I could get a higher room.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Exeter
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is situated right next door to South Ruislip Overground and Underground Stations with regular trains to and from the capital. The hotel has a large free carpark adjacent and a handy drop off point right outside the hotel for taxis etc. Next door to the hotel is a nice pub which provides a friendly welcome and reasonably priced food if you can't find anything to tempt you on the extensive either Indian or Italian menu in the Hotel. Food is served in the hotel until 10 and the bar seems to stay open until 0100 which is handy after a long day in London. The rooms in the hotel are comfortable and of a reasonable size room 220 was larger than the average. The exterior of the hotel looks a little dated but fortunately this hasn't continued inside. There is a free continental breakfast which is a little uninspiring but a full English is available at an extra charge. All in all would stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to an event at Wembley and a reasonably priced place to stay for anyone travelling to Central London.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

ok im a premier inn man usually but chose this hotel due to the location of a gig i was undertaking
(the front of house staff) i suggest need some retraining on how to at least smile and welcome thier guests. on arrival we was just thrown a form which we was asked to fill in given keys and thats it.dont think the male receptionist look up once. The room was adequate for just one night although dated it was clean and presentable. i didnt have much sleep as i seemed to have a water closent or simuler above the ceiling which constantly drained and refilled most of the night.this wasnt to say this kept me awake as such i just couldnt sleep. the bed was comfortable enough
the contintental breakfast was fine with the usual cerial/toast etc and the girls there where pleasent..south ruislip train stn is next door but didnt notice noise from trains. large plasma TV was a bonus..like before i like my premier inns and thats where i will be staying slighly cheaper and a lot more focus on customer service ...hard luck ramada if you improved your FOH grettings this could be a decent hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
The Barn Hotel
Hilton London Wembley
#3 of 12 in Wembley
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow/Hayes

Been to Ramada London South Ruislip? Share your experiences!