“pleasantly suprised”

Ramada London South Ruislip
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I booked this for a visit to Wembley Arena overnight for a concert. Didn't know the area or have the faintest idea how to get there, however this hotel is just across the road from the tube station. First thing to see was the scaffolding, however no disruption caused to the stay whatsoever. The rooms were spotless and the overall hotel was immaculate, amazing value for money and the price included breakfast which consisted of toast, cereal, yoghurts, tea, coffee, croissants etc. I would recommend this hotel, however I'm not sure how far away it is from the major tourist attractions (8mins to Wembley on the tube) and depending on your stay I don't think there's much around South Ruislip, but for a base it was excellent.

Room Tip: across the road from the tube station
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shazza95

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for a christening I was going to. Location was good, easy to get to on the tube or by bus. Sainbury's across the road, always handy.
We stayed for 3 nights. Couldn't fault the rooms, they were very nice, beds were the most comfortable I'd had in a hotel in a long while. Rooms were cleaned each day when requested (by leaving the label on the outside of the door). Only flaw was leaving us with just one small towel and one large one, could have done with a few more towels.
Service was dreadful, we almost got charged twice for our room, it was paid for, but they charged us again when we arrived, I had to go back down to them to get them to refund the money, when I got back after the trip, they had charged and refunded my card 4 times???
Food was also dreadful, in the mornings, it was really basic cereal, fruit, yoghurt or toast.
I had to ask for more hot water for tea twice, first time I think she forgot. If I'd known, I would have booked the hotel without breakfast. Staff didn't seem like they were bothered to do anything for you. It was chore for them to do anything when we asked for things.
We had lunch there on the 2nd day, menu looked nice, I ordered a panini, when it arrived, it hadn't been cooked properly, was cold and half raw. My partner had the fish and chips, it was like it had been taken out of a frozen pack and cooked. Same with the chips.
I'd stay there again, as cost wise it wasn't bad, but wouldn't expect anything from the staff (except clean rooms!) and wouldn't eat there either.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank morritraveller
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night Saturday 19th of November. Used hotel for sleeping and did not eat there but had a very comfortable stay. Room and other areas were cleaned to a very high standard. Bed, the best hotel bed I have slept in. Had a great nights sleep. Comfortable bar and public areas. Check in and out was swift and easy. All staff were friendly, smart and helpful. Good access to public transport and on sight parking.
Would use again when in area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank witchiewitch
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Excellent value. Escellent access to Central London, links, etc. Will certainly stay again and recommend to all.

Room Tip: Just ask, staff will accommodate.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tomo65_10
Reviewed November 15, 2011

days hotel near southruislip is a hotel which is 10 steps from the tube station of ruislip. I stayed there for over 25 days . My work was in nearby Northolt. THis place was good to commute to nearby places like southall, wembley, harrow and ealing also.

Days is a good low profile yet comfortable place to stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The staff also is very co operative and caring. The ground floor has a great bar and theres also a great local pub next to the hotel opp sainsbury known as middlesex arms. Quite a peaceful quite london experiece. Unlike the buzzing central london. The hotel also looked to me pretty affordable in an otherwise expensive hotel scenario in the city. It falls of the central line and is zone 5 tube station. I remeber i had forgotten some of my apparel once there and checked in there after almost 7 days again and i got it back. I have also kept my baggages in their cloak room for over 7 days absolutely safe!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed for two nights at this Hotel as the central London hotels were so expensive. The hotel is a good 35 minutes from the centre of London (about 12 - 15 tube stops) but it is on the Central Line and South Ruislip tube station is literally next door to the hotel so this wasn't a problem. A day ticket on the tube cost £8 and was very good value.

The hotel looks to have been recently upgraded, in fact at the moment it is surrounded with scaffolding but this did not disturb our stay. It was clean and comfortable - and we got a good continental breakfast included with the room price (£70 per night for a twin room). Full English breakfast was available for £8.99.

In spite of being on a main road, and very close to the rail station, noise from the traffic and trains was not really a problem, although we did keep the window closed during the night.

The hotel has a small, comfortable bar and a nice dining room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stay in this hotel regularly for the last 6 months as I work with a company not far from South Ruislip. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the rooms are generally clean and to a good standard and whats more is it is good value for money.

The restaurant in the hotel is fairly good and offer a variety of different meals, they are all very nice if not a tiny bit pricey but then this is London and is to be expected. My biggest problem is that they don't serve their full menu until 6:30pm by which time i'm usually in bed as when I stay I tend to have to be awake at 3am, travelling until 8am and working until 4pm so I'm usually fairly shattered.

Aside from that I cannot complain!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
The Barn Hotel
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
5 mi away
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel

Been to Ramada London South Ruislip? Share your experiences!