“Stay at Barn Ruislip”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Only minor complaints but it will stop me staying at the Barn again.

I work in Ruislip regularly and was looking for somewhere to stay 2 or 3 times a week.

I booked through Travel republic as I can never book via the Barn's website. On checkout after paying extra for the breakfast I asked for a receipt. Even though I left my credit card details and paid with this I was refused.

The receptionist refused point blank to give me a receipt and said for this type of bookings we do not give one. So how do I know how much they charged to my credit card for breakfast ? I thought this was illegal in the UK?

Room was ok a bit small nothing special.

Had "kippers" for breakfast - Is this plural ? it was nice but of the singular variety and very small

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your review and I apologise for any confusion when you checked out. For bookings made and paid for via third parties such as Travel Republic, we are unable to give a receipt as we are not contractually allowed to disclose the rates that they pay to the hotel. For any items ordered direct form the hotel, such as the breakfast supplement, we would of course give a receipt.

If it was the breakfast receipt that you require, please get in contact with us and we will be happy to organise one for you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Our room, was a private apartment. The tube (subway) is right next to the hotel, we used this many times to get into London. About 20 miutes from to Heathrow airport.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the 1st floor, so we didn't have to carry our lugguage up the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy D
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I was pleased to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay at the Barn Hotel. As you state in your review the hotel's location makes it an ideal venue being so close to the Metropolitan & Piccadilly Line with central London only 40 minutes away, Heathrow Airport only 7 miles and the M40/M25 junctions ten minutes away.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on my wedding night my partner stayed evening before & we loved it that much we even stayed an extra night. We had a room in Deans Lodge was lovely, comfy bed massive bathroom with large jacuzzi bath and large shower. English breakfast was good. Staff were very friendly & helpfull I will definitely stay again & recommend this hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Bonz m

Thank you for your review and I have passed your comments on to all the team at the hotel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our luxury Deane's Lodge rooms and we hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your Anniversary

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a family lunch organised at the Barn Hotel and I never been at the barn hotel even though we are very local. I must the function was very well organised by the banqueting manager and she did accommodate all our requests till the last minute. The food was amazing with excellent service. Very friendly staff. We all had a good time and will definitely recommend the barn hotel for any family function.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny r
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your lunch at the hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the occasion and I have passed your comments on to all concerned. We hope to be able to welcome you and your friends to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends wedding which was taking place nearby. We liked the location of the hotel which is very near to the tube and lots of local shops with plenty of food options. I liked the quirkiness of the place although some of those aspects had natural downsides. For example it isn't super quick to get to your room but it meant you got to walk through lovely winding gardens which are very well kept. There is a pond containing lots of fish situated by the main part of the hotel, which our daughter was obsessed with! The grounds are lovely and quiet, you wouldn't know you are basically on a busy main road. The rooms are quiet but means that hear everything overhead, as walls and doors are very thin. We had a junior suite which was roomy and had lovely facilities including great hot chocolate and toiletries. The place was spotless although the TV was small and far from the bed. The bed was huge and really comfy. We saw the deans lodge quarters but were happy enough with our deal and the price. Breakfast was in a lovely dining room with a log fire. The staff were very confused by our orders and this was the case with everyone else in the room. Orders came out wrong and took a very long time. The staff were friendly though and we didnt mind much as we could see how much they were struggling! However as we were having a relaxing morning it was fine and we had also had some continental breakfast items while waiting for the cooked food. All
In all a nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Harvey123456

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise if the service at breakfast was disappointing and I have discussed this with my team to find ways that it will not happen in future

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here on business trip for a week in April 2013. A little bit out of London but easily accessible by tube with station a short walk. Staff are friendly, accomodating and generally the service is excellent. Conference centre staff in particular go out of there way as do reception & office people. Main part of hotel has great bar, lounge areas, fireplaces and good atmosphere.

Deane's lodge (where I stayed) at the back of hotel and function centre is the only accomodation worthy in my opinion. Large, open, marble bathroom, mod cons, 5 star etc. The regular accomodation however is part of the old barn etc and is tired and really tiny. Understandably the normal rooms are part of a long history of conversion from the original barn (circa 1600) but are just too small - no problem if you like that charm but just not enough room to swing a cat! Deane's lodge is the go.

Cooked english breakfast was included with my deal which was great & restaurant staff also provide very attentive service - the regular breakfast however is woeful - a plate of blood orange slices, some juice & pick your coco pops - be sure to get the cooked breakfast or full breakfast menu with your stay. The bar/counter meals are sensational with everything from beaf & guiness pie, salads to pasta & burgers all of very good quality & service.

Overall an enjoyable stay & staff make the difference.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read your kind comments about our staff.

The hotel is built around a series of listed buildings and some of the bedrooms date back to the time of Henry VIII (although much modernised since then!) As a result we have different sizes of room but the rooms in the luxury Deane's Lodge are much larger and as you state are desigend to 5 star standards.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I remembered that I stayed here last summer for a couple of nights, but I forgot to do a review.

I loved being in a building that you needed to walk through a lovely garden to get to. The room wasn't large, but it was adequate. It was spotlessly clean.

The staff were great, any requests I had were dealt with.

And I loved the breakfast, which was included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Ramada London South Ruislip
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 5 in Uxbridge
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!