“Stay Deane's lodge only”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here on business trip for a week in April 2013. A little bit out of London but easily accessible by tube with station a short walk. Staff are friendly, accomodating and generally the service is excellent. Conference centre staff in particular go out of there way as do reception & office people. Main part of hotel has great bar, lounge areas, fireplaces and good atmosphere.

Deane's lodge (where I stayed) at the back of hotel and function centre is the only accomodation worthy in my opinion. Large, open, marble bathroom, mod cons, 5 star etc. The regular accomodation however is part of the old barn etc and is tired and really tiny. Understandably the normal rooms are part of a long history of conversion from the original barn (circa 1600) but are just too small - no problem if you like that charm but just not enough room to swing a cat! Deane's lodge is the go.

Cooked english breakfast was included with my deal which was great & restaurant staff also provide very attentive service - the regular breakfast however is woeful - a plate of blood orange slices, some juice & pick your coco pops - be sure to get the cooked breakfast or full breakfast menu with your stay. The bar/counter meals are sensational with everything from beaf & guiness pie, salads to pasta & burgers all of very good quality & service.

Overall an enjoyable stay & staff make the difference.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read your kind comments about our staff.

The hotel is built around a series of listed buildings and some of the bedrooms date back to the time of Henry VIII (although much modernised since then!) As a result we have different sizes of room but the rooms in the luxury Deane's Lodge are much larger and as you state are desigend to 5 star standards.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I remembered that I stayed here last summer for a couple of nights, but I forgot to do a review.

I loved being in a building that you needed to walk through a lovely garden to get to. The room wasn't large, but it was adequate. It was spotlessly clean.

The staff were great, any requests I had were dealt with.

And I loved the breakfast, which was included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Booked a basic room at short notice and an acknowledgement was issued by return
However, I was running late,on arrival at my clients premises at 21.00 , the hotel was contacted stating they were located just a few minutes walk away which turned out to be approx 2-miles!

Nice comfy lounge areas,log fires, good Bar food but they charge extra £5.O0 for a full Breakfast

Enquired on checking out the location of the nearest Underground Station at Reception and confirmed it was just round the corner and operational-was Running over this weekend -turned out it was closed .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Our nearest Underground station is Ruislip (Metropolitan & Piccadilly Lines) which is two or three minutes walk from the hotel. I understand that there may have been engineering works over the weekend but unfortunately we were not advised of any closures at Ruislip. The Central Line stops at either Ruislip Gardens or West Ruislip which is about one mile away.

Breakfast is included in all our rates but on some of the lower rates it is continental only. This is shown clearly on the particular website at the time of booking. You can upgrade to Full English Breakfast for a supplement of £5

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for a friends wedding taking place elsewhere. When checking in there was no smile, no help with bags. The room was ok, clean but lumpy bed. The building looks very nice and well kept. Parking was ok. Very local for shops and bus station if needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was sorry to learn that you were not wholly satisfied with your stay. I have taken up your points about your check in with reception and apologise that your welcome was less than effusive. Help should be offered with bags at check in and I can only think that the porter was engaged helping another guest.

Whilst we have a programme of bed repalcement beds do get damaged or worn as we run at very high levels of occupancy. When we become aware of this we replace the bed and I am sorry that we may have missed one on this occasion.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lovely party at the Barn. 44 guests, full sit down meal and reception. Very good table service and well looked after by the hotel event manager.Lovely old room with character. Would recommend for a special function.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to add your review following your function at the hotel and I have passed on your comments to our Banqueting Executive. With four different function rooms and our wide range of prices we can accommodate most needs and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future if only for our Afternoon Teas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great hotel we stayed the weekend their for a wedding, the room was excellent the food terrfic and the location was ideal for the Town,the interior of the hotel was a joy to behold and the staff were also spot on and a credit to their trade

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed in the suite. Huge bed. Jacuzzi bath with tele. Dressing gowns and slippers privided.Breakfast first class. Afternoon tea for two, good selection. Easy to get to central London, as train station few mins walk. Plenty of parking. Nice gardens with pond. Peaceful and relaxing ambiance. Staff very helpful. A few nice pubs locally. Plenty of places to eat if you want to go out.

• Stayed: March 2013

I was delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 5 in Uxbridge
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!