“great stuff”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great hotel we stayed the weekend their for a wedding, the room was excellent the food terrfic and the location was ideal for the Town,the interior of the hotel was a joy to behold and the staff were also spot on and a credit to their trade

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed in the suite. Huge bed. Jacuzzi bath with tele. Dressing gowns and slippers privided.Breakfast first class. Afternoon tea for two, good selection. Easy to get to central London, as train station few mins walk. Plenty of parking. Nice gardens with pond. Peaceful and relaxing ambiance. Staff very helpful. A few nice pubs locally. Plenty of places to eat if you want to go out.

• Stayed: March 2013

I was delighted to learn from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had stayed here before but with a full English breakfast, this time was on a continental basis. When it came to breakfast there was no milk or bowls for cereals, no fruit, no bread or croissants, the cold meat and cheese selection was empty-crumbs of cheese. We did get toast but it must have been toasted ages before and left out as it was cold and soggy. The coffee and tea were nice!!
The room was okay, nice and warm but we had to walk the length of a freezing corridor to get to it where someone had obviously been stood by an open window smoking. The smell had permeated into the room and was disgusting. I did tell the receptionist but I don't think she was bothered!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kayerich

Difficult to respond to this one as the posting is from a stay six months ago! Breakfast on Sundays were at times difficult as most of the guests came down just before breakfast finished which at times resulted in delays replenishing the buffet table. I apologise for this but would point out that the buffet was always replenished. We have since altered the format so that this problem does not happen now.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

good hotel staff, bedrooms were tired and cold and extremely noisy when water pump decideds to rumble LOUDLY, breakfast was very expensive, great bar staff , but cheff didnt like to cook meat rare, mainly for business people,

Room Tip: pay extra for better rooms if you want a good sleep,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

The hotel has a variety of bedrooms from luxury suites to standard rooms and these are obviously charged accordingly. I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with the room you were allocated but an upgrade may have been available for a small extra charge. I do not understand the comment regarding breakfast as it is included in all our rates. Some internet rates are for Continental Breakfast but this can be upgraded at the hotel to full English for a payment of £5

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm only rating 1 star since it did have wireless internet that did work and the room was clean.

When I checked into my room it was very cold. I didn't know how to put it on from the radiator. I called the front desk and she didn't know but offered to send someone. Within minutes someone arrived.

I returned to the room 9 hours later to find it barely any warmer. I called the front desk again. Again they sent someone. The man confirmed the radiators were hot and thought the room was warm. I'm literally typing this from under the covers right now. He asked me if I was from the State and when I said yes he chuckled and said that explains it. I told him I have traveled to the UK and never had a problem. I finally had him touch the tub, which is freezing and he agreed. Told me there's nothing he can do.

I'm here with a work party so I can't change. Telling everyone I know not to stay here. Heat is not a modern amenity. It's a requirement when it's 2 degrees C out! Unacceptable.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Avoid.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer D
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I am sorry that this guest did not enjoy the stay with us but as stated in the review the radiators in both the bedroom and bathroom were on high. A supplementary heater was offered but this was declined and I feel that we have done all that we reasonably could to give good service

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The Barn hotel is very close to the subway, and at walking distance from several nice restaurants. The size of the rooms varies from ballroom size to closet size, but once you are inside, you always have everything you need. The bread selection of the continental breakfast is quite restricted.

• Stayed: March 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We payed £60 a night per room and had two rooms, both rooms very small with very small bathrooms but you have everything you need in the room. The rooms are kept very clean and the staff where friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Ramada London South Ruislip
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Denham Grove
Denham Grove
#1 of 1 in Denham
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!