“Very nice English hotel”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The Barn hotel is very close to the subway, and at walking distance from several nice restaurants. The size of the rooms varies from ballroom size to closet size, but once you are inside, you always have everything you need. The bread selection of the continental breakfast is quite restricted.

• Stayed: March 2013
Patrick M, General Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We payed £60 a night per room and had two rooms, both rooms very small with very small bathrooms but you have everything you need in the room. The rooms are kept very clean and the staff where friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Deans Lodge at The Barn Hotel is the perfect place to stay. The suites are large and modern with a seperate lounge and office area with wifi. The bedroom area had a huge comfortable bed and the spacious bathroom had all mod cons and plasma TV. The bar food was good as well as reasonably priced and the inclusive full english breakfast is a must. The Barn is a good balance of the old and traditional mixed with the new and modern and is in walking distance to the train line. It is also well situated on a local high street with good places to eat and drink. As a business guest I am often upgraded by Catherine and her team which is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I was delighte dto learn that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We have many senior business travellers such as yourself staying with nus and we upgrade our regular guests whenever possible. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near furture

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well, what can I say - I've stayed at hundreds of hotels, including the Barn on one occasion previously and it is now truly a lovely place to stay.

The room was comfortable, and appeared recently refurbished - I remember the last time I stayed, I had one of those horrible rooms with the bathroom in a cupboard. This room was a massive improvement - lovely bathroom, powerful shower, good quality soaps and amenities and free wifi. 10/10 for the room itself.

Ample parking was much appreciated, and yet another welcome freebie.

The one gripe I had was that bar food was not available at 10.15pm - I had been working late and expected to at least have some chips, but instead I was greeted and told that I could only have a ham sandwich with some crisps. Fine, but rather rubbish, and expensive too - I could have bought a loaf of bread and the ingredients for a lower price and made the same thing myself.

Breakfast was nice, but took 25 minutes to arrive - again, fine if you are having a leisurely wedding breakfast but as I was on business, I had to wolf down my meal and leave half of it on the plate.

All in all though, I was not looking forward to going back after the last experience with the tiny dated room - but I would book the Barn again now in a heartbeat. Well done for the improvements.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and we have taken on board your comments about late bar food. Whilst bar food service does stop at 10.00pm we are keeping a chef on for an extra half hour when the hotel is busy. I apologise that we did not handle this better when you stayed with us but hope to be able to redeem ourselves on your next stay

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My cousin and her husband came from Scotland for a visit and stayed at the Barn over the weekend. I telephoned in advance to upgrade them as I thought that I would like to spoil them a bit. When we arrived we were told that they had been upgraded again to a suite, without any extra cost, which we were all very happy about. When we got to their rooms I was actually ‘shocked’ this suite was better than I had stayed in most hotels and I have travelled to many countries and stayed in top class hotels. When you enter the rooms there is a sitting area with a wide screen TV and a lovely leather sofa, surrounded by coffee tables and low units. Then on to the bedroom with a huge bed draped in luxurious bed linen and quilts and the bathroom is something else, with the jacuzzi bath, the double shower and double sinks, I was amazed. I had heard good and bad reports about the Barn, but if anyone else were to ask me then I would definitely tell them to go for it and try and upgrade if you can.
We had arranged afternoon tea for all the family to get together and this was set up exclusively in the Cromwell room, which was ideal as we had young children that we could contain into this one space, which was great. The tea itself was enjoyable with plenty of sandwiches and the most delightful scones and clotted cream, with little fresh cream cakes as well. The staff to, were also very friendly and more than capable of doing their job to a very high standard.
Overall I would say that the Barn Hotel is a worthwhile stay with a very pleasant reception area, with an open fire and comfortable couches in the lounge area. A very good experience overall.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to the new suites or executive rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IR2HELPU

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay and the Afternoon Teas. These remain very popular and it is nice to see the lounge so full with people enjoying their Afternoon Teas

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our wedding party stayed here close to the wedding venue.
Staff are very good especially bar staff, there were 18 of us for dinner on the Friday night and they gave us a private room to have dinner in. We had children on the party so this was great. The bar menu/food was very good and reasonably priced.
The hotel missing a revenue opportunity by not offering bar snacks.
The rooms are over priced because not all the facilities work. We stayed in a Directors room which was very nice, the jacuzzi was great however the TV in the bathroom did not work.
And there were no side lamps by the bed for reading.
Tea and coffee facilities in the room are great and plenty of amenities in the bathroom.
I agree that a fitness centre would be a plus and a pool would be great.
Some of our party stayed in the themed suites whilst I did not see them, they said that they were amaing.
There was a little confusion with rooms booked however the staff resolved quickly and to our satisfaction.
I hired a private room for a wedding breakfast on Sunday, the room was great however the English breakfast was a little sparce especially as I paid a lot for the room and breakfast was already included for 26 people in the party staying at the hotel.
We were happy with our stay and if more effort made in attention to detail this would be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Deanes Lodge is very nice, slightly over priced.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us overall. We have taken your commenst on board and I trust that the next time you stay with us you will be completely satisfied

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed recently on business. I was in the Deanes Lodge portion. On first glance, all looks well. After being there a couple days the faults come through. The shower, while medium sized is constructed so the door opens inward, which is just plain silly. While in the shower there are side nozzles which you cant escape from. the lighting in the bathroom is terrible making shaving interesting every day. Huge jacuzzi tub is VERY nice. Down side was that the plug did not full open so I needed to use nail clippers to ensure tub drained. Also when I used the jets, some weird brown flaky substance came out. TV in bathroom did not work, even though I followed instructions left in room. I also told front desk about TV and drain.....and altho0ugh the lady at the front desk took room number down, nothing was rectified.

Actual room is VERY nice....very large and cozy. Bed was fabulous.

Food: "free" English breakfast was terrible. Literally nothing good about it except the coffee. The continental was not better, very slip pickings and what there was, was of low quality. Cheese and buns dried out and so on. Staff is VERY attentive though.

Had numerous meals from "the bar"...they were all pretty good. Beer is also godo and bartenders are also very good.

Checking in and out was fine. No fitness room....it is 2013...cmon. No guest umbrellas.....wierd in a city that rains a lot.

All in all it wasnt too bad of a stay, but for £145 a night it should have been a lot better. I wont go back jsut becasue of pricing....business or not. Premier Inn has MUCH better food.

Room Tip: Save money and go to Premier Inn down the road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I was sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy yourr stay at the hotel. The luxury Deane's Lodge rooms have proved very popular since they first opened and run at a very high repeat occupancy. The rates for these rooms are very competitive for the area and our standard rooms are competitive even with the Premier. I hope you will stay with us again so that we can redeem ourselves in your eyes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Ramada London South Ruislip
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 5 in Uxbridge
Premier Inn London Uxbridge Hotel

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!