“A perfect out of town old farmhouse”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was very pleased with this hotel. Old English style and new renevated comfort rooms. It has no gym but is a good location for guests who likes walking 20 min to a state of the art gym. WiFi in the rooms, lobby and pub... Very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 22, 2011

After reading some of the reviews for this hotel I had a panic attack! Thankfully though this hotel is a great stay. Yes it is an older style hotel but as we did not want to be inner London it suited us perfectly. Room is clean and quiet. Although the rail line is close by we slept with the windows open and slept very well. Breakfast was good and the staff just lovely especially at reception. As the safes are being redone at the moment I have been leaving my valuables at the desk and they are very efficient and have taken very good care of my belongings. The room has great facilities with a flat screen tv and it even has a teapot and a great supply of bikkies. Very happy with our choice as it is also walking distance to a great selection of shops, eating venues and facilities

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We came here for a 50th birthday party in which my partner's aunt had hired out. While we didn't stay, we saw enough to review this beautiful property for the future. Upon entering the hotel we were astounded by the elegant decor of this property. We went to the suite to join the family party when we were met by an orchestra. The food on the buffet was outstanding, The bar kept in line with the elegance of the reception.

When sitting outside in the beer garden, we managed to see into some of the new hotel rooms, which were very modern, clean and looked incredibly comfortable. I've been told these rooms are very reasonably priced.

The staff that we met were very friendly and helpful. On my next trip to this place, I will definitely consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I am writing from the hotel bed having checked in earlier. I'm in a tiny room, looking at a depressingly old terrestrial tv. To the right is a cupboard sized bathroom with no bath, and a toilet that doesn't flush. All this for £91. I'm not paying, or I'd literally be crying, but I'm booked for two nights. I hate it so much, I'm going to check out tomorrow morn instead and just go home.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ojay12
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Arrived at the hotel to be told that we had been upgraded. The hotel room was very quaint, the reception area, bar and restaurant was very charming with beautiful old beams. I would definitely stay here again, great breakfast too!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy191277
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Our family and friends booked in to several rooms on 21st jan and proceeded to a family party in the area.
on returning to our rooms we all found the walls to be paper thin so the slightest movement in a room either side would disturb your sleep.
workmen started drilling before 8am on a saturday morning and after complaining to a receptionist that seemed not to care and following a sleepless night for all, breakfast was cleared away earlier than stated which left many of us with nothing to eat
some of us helped ourself by going in to a kitchen to turn on a kettle for tea!
we asked for a manager- there was none available and we were promised a call back.
2 weeks later this call still has not materialised.
these people will take your money but produce 2nd rate rooms NO customer service what so ever and probably NO breakfast- stay away

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank IrelandSis
Reviewed February 2, 2011

On arriving at The Barn Hotel at 6pm, I was told that the room we had booked hadn't been paid for, even though i knew it had been paid for in advance by a family member. They kept assuring me it hadnt and I kept saying it had, this went on for some time. They finalled trawled through their paperwork to find it had indeed been paid!

On arriving at our ground floor room the door which opened out to the courtyard was wide open and the room was freezing. We were met by a maintenance guy, who said that the heating wasnt working and that he'd need to get in to the room to fix it, which was not suitable as we needed to get ready to go out. He offered to get an electric heater, which I refused. We asked to be moved to another room which we did.

Looking forward to a lie in, we were awoken by building work at 7.45am from an adjoining room. I rang reception to complain and was told it would be looked into. The work continued up till the time I lost my patience, some half an hour later, when I walked to reception to complain AGAIN.

I asked reception what time breakfast was served until and was told 10am. So at 9.30am I went down for breakfast. There were no clean tables and the staff did not offer to clear any. So I sat eating my breakfast with the remnants of someone elses debris. I was not offered coffee or tea, and had to go into the kitchen to ask for some!

On check out I reiterated my complaint about the building work noise, and the receptionist took my details and assured me the GM would ring me on Monday. He never rang me back. My brother in law, who paid for the room followed up the complaint and was offered a mere £10 refund, which is unacceptable.

If you like bad service and being woken up with building noise, stay here. If like me you dont, then steer clear.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Turner505
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Ramada London South Ruislip
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Denham Grove
Denham Grove
#1 of 1 in Denham
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!