“More authentic than most”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ruislip tandoori

ruislip tandoori
Ranked #30 of 92 Restaurants in Ruislip
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“More authentic than most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had been trying various other local 'Indian' restaurants for a while and thought it was about time we went back to this one, which has been in Ruislip for many years. We ordered a takeaway and the quality and spicing of the dishes was very much up with the best of those local to us, with the added bonus of some interesting Nepalese choices that are not available elsewhere. Our only minor gripe was that there were no complimentary popadoms (though I managed to secure some!). Definitely worth a try and probably advisable to take at least one Nepalese dish.

• Visited July 2014

“Always Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Interesting and flavourful dishes. Great friendly service and good choice of wines. I'd highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
“Disgusting customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We last ordered a takeaway in December 2013.This took 1 hour 40 mins to turn up. When it finally arrived it was cold and tasteless. However our previous takeaways were always to standard. This evening (5th April) at 8pm I ordered a takeaway for home delivery and requested to pay by card. I was told over the phone that the card was declined so said I would collect instead and advised it would be ready in 30-45 mins. 25 minutes later a delivery guy turned up requesting payment, even though on checking our online bank account the money had been debited?? The delivery guy left with the food and we called our bank, who advised us to report it as fraud if they won't hand over the goods; as it clearly STATES on our account that the money has been taken. When we called Ruislip Tandoori back to explain the situation and give the authorisation code the bank issued us, they gave so much abuse and bad attitude it was terrible. We feel so angry and let down that our local curry house, who we use quite frequently have treated us in this way. We are now having to go down the route of 'fraud' because of there cock up and bad attitude. Very disappointed .

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Leannedan1985
Teveren
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply savory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant decor was quite simple. The presentation of the meals was convenient (meals are served on hot plate to keep food warm). The plates and stencils are I believe napolese, which I find are original and beautiful.

The ingredients were fresh and tasteful. The mix of spices was savory. It was definitely a great experience for my taste buds. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of my dish!

The service was friendly and very helpful. I didn't understand the menu as this was only my second napolese experience but the waiter helped me out with my choice. I found the staff was professional and caring (e.g. opening doors for clients, moving tables and chairs for clients comfort, bringing out face clothes at the end of the meal to wash hands and face, conversing with clients).

This family owned restaurant has been operating in Ruislip for the last 30 years.

I wouldn't mind going back if in town again.

London, United Kingdom
“BEst Go For The Nepalese Dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a pleasant restaurant I have visited several times. Service is always good and helpful, though occasionally a little slow. It is comfortable with fairly conservative decor and layout. The menu generally lists the usual Indian restaurant staples, but if you hunt for the Nepalese dishes you can have an extremely tasty and slightly different meal.

Visited October 2013