“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My first ever Premier Inn and I was so impressed. The family room was spacious and clean, the beds were so comfortable, furnishings in good condition, towels plentiful and the ensuite was clean and spacious too. The staff were welcoming and very professional and courteous..a credit to the company. The breakfast was one of the best services I have come across.again the staff were excellent, choice of breakfast was incredible..all in all I will be finding a premier inn next time I plan a visit.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and it was just right
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed in a 'quad'room with husband and two daughters,plenty of space,lovely,comfy beds and,most importantly very clean.We had tickets for the One DIrection concert at Wembley Stadium and so a fab weekend was made even better because we had booked this hotel.Only a 10 minute stroll from shops/train station and felt quite safe walking back at 11pm.A lovely gentleman on reception,whom my girls christened 'happy man' did his utmost to make our weekend a memorable one.Had breakfast at the Beefeater next door,plenty of choice to satisfy everyone.Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Remarkably quiet for London, very clean and staff were friendly. We were there for the national school quiz finals at Harrow and management had left a really nice note in our rooms accompanied by chocolate wishing the kids well- such a nice touch. Good quality beds too.

We were in Beefeater for an hour and a half before we got dinner and even then they forgot my husbands completely and missed my sons side order. We were also complained at for sitting down without being told to even though we had booked the only table for 14.

We would stay at the hotel again but go into Ruislip for dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Beverely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

stayed here for a weekend in a family room with my husband and 2 daughters, the room was lovely and clean, plenty big enough for a family with everything that you could need, the staff were outstanding, they could not have done more, the attached restaurant was also extremely good

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had an enormous family room, which was spotless and very comfortable. The hotel staff were extremely polite, helpful and always smiling! The only downside was the dreadful service we received at breakfast, served next door at the Beefeater. Had to wait 10 mins for a table which we then had to lay ourselves, had to ask three times for spoons and for our order to be taken (20mins). Our breakfasts were then sat on the counter for 10mins before they were brought to us!

Unfortunately The Beefeater Really let the Premier Inn down.

Room Tip: number 12 is the biggest one there, perfect for a family!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lincoln
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had four nights here recently - Saturday to Tuesday, done in 3 bookings to try and get reasonable prices where possible. On the Saturday and Sunday, the FA Cup semi finals were at fairly nearby Wembley and this budget chain pitched their prices for these nights at £179 each night. Luckily and due to a possible glitsch in their booking system I got the Sunday night at £49 although it reverted to £179 pdq and I had to pay £179 for the Saturday night.

I accept market forces and supply and demand apply but I recently stayed at the 5* Sofitel Hotel at Heathrow for less and that included breakfast. Do Premier Inn throw in a sweetener for this astronomical price in a 'budget' hotel? May be an inclusive breakfast, a bottle of water or even a bar of soap that could stop you from nearly having a hernia when in the bath when reaching for the liquid soap dispenser. No chance. Admittedly I would feel happier if some of my room charge went towards repairing the potholes in the car park at the hotel end. Perhaps also for premium rate clients, they could temporarily replace that truly ghastly sunflower acrylic block that adorns every room and looks as though it has been done by a 5 year old, with a tasteful Van Gogh print!

I also think Premier Inn should address their sexism on their purple brochure that also adorns every table - I do not want to see Lenny Henry gazing at me every morning and evening - personally Carol Vorderman would be more acceptable to me. I don't blame the very good local staff for any of these points and fully accept they are all determined by anonymous 'Head Office' staff.

I was in room 20 which faced out over the large beer garden. If you are a light sleeper the sound of water running presumably into a header tank above at times during the night may prove a distraction.

This is a nice but small hotel- about 30 rooms, has a good, large and perfectly safe car park and is situated in a very nice area of Ruislip. It is about a 10 minute walk from Ruislip tube via the town centre and West Ruislip tube is even less. Kings Cross is less than a 40 minute journey on the Metropolitan line. As a male, I felt perfectly safe walking back by myself from the tube to the hotel late at night.

I look forward to getting a £29 room on my next stay, as apparently these rooms are often available in Premier Inns from the regular emails I get. I must just be unlucky!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew B
NW London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you need a good bed for the night without the frills, this place is ideal. Rooms spotlessly clean, soft towels, efficient shower and a very comfortable bed - for me ideally situated as I was due for an operation at Hillingdon hospital very early the next morning so didn't have the breakfast but my husband was very pleased with it. We had dinner; the service was very good but the food is standard, however the restaurant is convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
The Barn Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 6 in Uxbridge

Been to Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel? Share your experiences!