“A great local day out”

Chew Valley Animal Park
More attraction details
Owner description: An eight acre walkway where you can meet a wide range of friendly animals including cranes, meerkats, porcupines, camels, red foxes, wallabies, raccoons, Patagonian maras, pygmy goats, miniature donkeys, arctic foxs, tanuki's, marmoset monkeys, capybara, ouessant sheep and much much more. Enjoy feeding the ducks and goats whilst taking in the breathtaking views of the countryside. Relax and enjoy a nice cup of tea/coffee with a selection of snacks including jacket potatoes, Panini's, baguettes and a nice piece of homemade cake from our tea shop whilst the children enjoy our play area.
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

As a family run business I can see this just getting better, although I don't want too many people to know about it as it's a hidden gem, we visited around 6 times last summer and my 2 year old loves it. Small but clean park, variety of animals, and the most amazing home baked cakes and cookies and cheap as well. Like a previous post mentioned wasps were an issue but think they were everywhere, it's a great size for little legs to run around and with a picnic kept us entertained for 2-3 hrs. I will certainly be getting a annual pass for 2014

1  Thank bristol2611
in 8 reviews
"hand washing"
"feeding the animals"
in 2 reviews
"indoor and outdoor seating"
"great place for kids"
"play equipment"
"goat food"
"lovely morning"

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited once a week throughout the summer and would recommend to anyone! The grounds are big enough but not to big. Children are safe to wonder ahead of you. The animals are clearly doted over and are very friendly. The cafe food is homemade and reasonable. We love the chew moo ice cream selection!!
You can even use the play field and cafe without visiting the animals.
The owner is very friendly and happy to tell you about what's going on with the animals. She always makes you feel welcome. We will definitely be buying an annual pass!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

myself daughter and grandchildren visited me for the first time and loved it, so well organised, car parking brilliant, toilets on entry lovley café, small farm shop, it is still developing an attraction, I was very well impressed, they were wheelchair users there so must be ok, bit bumpy on the paths around the fields for buggys and wheelchairs but still no problem, I will be visiting again soon, oh and they have a fab park at the start of the farm, its free to use the park and café is next to it but to walk round and see the animals is £3 I think per person and you can feed goats and chickens they have donkeys,alpacas,pigs

1  Thank ozziemad
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited this farm today with my husband and 10 month old daughter. Overall a lovely little farm with fab views of the countryside. There are a variety of animals with alot of space to walk round. I did think £4 each to walk round a bit steep. £3 would have been better value.

1  Thank kajones17
See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It's important to support local farms/parks to enable them to sustain the fantastic work they do for the animals. This place is small & was absolutely infested with wasps when we visited - to the extent where we were chased off the property on a blistering hot day with the windows up! This is clearly an issue that needs addressing. They do not accept credit or debit card either. There is little to do here but the animals they have are unusual & not indigenous to the UK so it is well worth a look for that alone. The Llamas were very frisky when we were there which was certainly a sight to behold! Down the road from the Country Park is a fantastic Strawberry picking farm & the picturesque Chew Valley Lake, so between the 3 you could certainly make a day out.

1  Thank Georgina T