“Lovely country pub for a spot of lunch”
Review of The Pony & Trap

The Pony & Trap
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Chew Magna
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely country pub for a spot of lunch”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been four times to the Pony and Trap with my husband,friends and family and have found it to be a lovely place to eat. The food is good and if its warm weather a table outside is a must for the view. I think if there is one small improvement it would be that the staff need to be a little more attentive. There are lots of good restaurants in the area and people have a lot of choice.

• Visited June 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Best Sunday Roast!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were recommended to go to Pony and Trap for 'THE best Sunday lunch' and we were not disappointed! Excellent service - the girls were all lovely. Good choice and food was fantastic both in terms of quality and quantity - we were served about 8 different vegetables, which is highly unusual. Dessert was also a taste sensation!

Best of all we were able to sit outside in the sunshine overlooking the rolling fields - perfect to laze away a Sunday afternoon. Would highly recommend this place for Sunday lunch.

• Visited July 2013
“Wow!! I can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I visited for a roast dinner after recommendation, and were delighted with absolutely everything. The location is idyllic, the service was lovely, and the food was absolutely divine. I had roast pork while my friend had roast beef, both were equally delicious, and with very generous portions of scrummy vegetables!

We had a 'lovely' local elderflower juice and ginger variety of the same 'lovely' brand, followed by great wine. We couldn't resist the desserts, and were delighted with our decisions once again. I can't wait for another special occasion so I can visit again! Thank you! :)

bristol
“Nice pub, nice food, not a Michelin experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Food is great, waitressing is not consistent. Some far better than others. Beer garden was literally that, would have expected nice garden furniture, not your usual pub bench and brewery umberella give a way!
Asked for a coffee and was basically told I had 10 minutes to drink it in. Surely that's my decision? Told them not to bother!
In summary food much much better than your average pub grub but service and surroundings don't match.

1 Thank sherbert30
Somerset
“Perfect celebration”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

With lots to celebrate, we wanted something special on a Friday lunchtime, and The Pony and Trap provided exactly that. From the moment we arrived we were treated exceptionally well by the intelligent and perfectly trained staff: anticipating any requirements, and offering flexibility in a friendly but not patronising or 'gushy' way.
The food was outstanding, so beautifully presented and each mouthful was savoured by all four of us. The lovely interior of the pub, as well as obviously the outstanding views across the hills (really beautiful), added to this experience.
My husband says the icing on the cake was the bill: not at all expensive considering the fantastic time we had had.
We left The Pony and Trap feeling extremely happy and relaxed (it wasn't just down to the wine!). Having arranged a taxi to take us the 40 minutes journey there and collect us, we had no doubts that it was well worth it, and will definitely be visiting this lovely place again.
Thank you to all of you for a really lovely time.

2 Thank Joanne L