“A Sunday treat!”

The Barn Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Burniston
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to The Barn, a unique dining venue near Scarborough, on Yorkshires beautiful heritage coast.The traditional farm building was lovingly converted in 2008, and now houses a fully licensed cafe restaurant serving an exciting bistro menu.The cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and supper, and our fantastic, traditional Sunday lunch is renowned locally. Delicious cakes and home baking are served all day, along with a selection of speciality teas and cappuccino coffees.Our cosy log burner and friendly staff will make sure you have a warm welcome, or make the most of summer and sit outside, in our beautiful courtyard seating area.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“A Sunday treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

By chance I stopped at The Barn having found local pubs very busy on a very wet and stormy Sunday. I am so glad the pubs were busy or I would have missed a real treat. A delightful old barn renovated to a high standard. A fire was burning as even on an August day the weather was attrocious. Starters of Risotto and Calamari, I had the roast pork and my friend had the beef. The beef was not served pink as stated but still delicious. Home made horseradish cream and beautiful fresh cabbage, carrot and swede with roast potatoes. A tad pricier than some of the better pubs but worth paying for comfort. I will certainly visit again

• Visited August 2014

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited for a family lunch on Saturday and sat on the "landing" section upstairs.

The venue is nice and clean and service was with a smile and initially prompt. However, as it got a bit busier we had to initiate our own table being cleared and it felt a bit as though we'd been forgotten. Time ran out for us to order dessert because of this.

I would concur with another review that I expected a bit more from the food for the price. Overall I would still recommend it as the place had a very nice feel and was a relaxed comfortable environment and very pleasant staff.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice cafe but expected more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We visited The Barn after reading some great reviews and a newspaper article. We visited on a Saturday afternoon for some lunch and the location and the actual place is lovely but we found the food fairly average for the price. Our main choice was sold out so we both had the ham sandwich which had quite a scarce serving of ham which was oveloaded with onion marmalade. We both got a cake which were similarly just ok. I wouldn't mind stopping here again but similarly wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

• Visited July 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A special place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I chose the Barn for a meal out as part of my sister's hen party because there was a big group of us and they offer private dining. I liked the fact I could create a menu (American diner) and drinks to suit the group and Clair from the team was really helpful with all the planning. When we arrived we were greeted by staff with a glass of prosecco which was such a nice touch! We were so lucky with the weather we could drink outside in the courtyard before going upstairs to eat, again this made it feel really special and relaxed. As we had the whole place to ourselves it meant we could chat without having to worry about other guests. The staff were so friendly, accommodating (we even took our own music to play) and really efficient. The food was really nice overall, esp the macaroni cheese. I wasn't as keen on my choices but have fed this back to the restaurant. However, I would still 100% recommend this place to anyone, and it's ideal for a big group wanting a special venue for a special occasion.

Visited July 2014
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We called in here after a trip to Scarborough was rained off and were delighted with our selections of a burger and afternoon tea. both were obviously home made and delicious - the selection of small cakes on the afternoon tea was delightful and my friend raved about the chili tomato sauce served with the burger.
A pleasant meal in very pleasant surroundings. Would definitiely go again!

• Visited July 2014