“Superb Restaurant in delightful location.”

The Barn Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Burniston
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to The Barn, a unique dining venue near Scarborough, on Yorkshires beautiful heritage coast.The traditional farm building was lovingly converted in 2008, and now houses a fully licensed cafe restaurant serving an exciting bistro menu.The cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and supper, and our fantastic, traditional Sunday lunch is renowned locally. Delicious cakes and home baking are served all day, along with a selection of speciality teas and cappuccino coffees.Our cosy log burner and friendly staff will make sure you have a warm welcome, or make the most of summer and sit outside, in our beautiful courtyard seating area.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Superb Restaurant in delightful location.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have visited this restaurant a few times in the evening with a group of my girlfriends and it has always been exceptional food, friendly staff, and spotlessly clean. So my friend and I decided to have lunch there a couple of weeks ago. We were not disappointed our Shellfish Linguine was delicious full of clams mussels and king prawns. Would love to go into the kitchen and be shown how to make the sauce. Also visited last night with friends for their Tapas Evening just as delightful but the portions were very large for tapas. But hey ho who is complaining.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“FAB.....Beautiful Barn Conversion & Delicious Food !!!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Lovely converted barn with bags of charm, would make a lovely venue for a small wedding or party.

Had a chipotle burger on the special & it was obviously homemade & absolutely delicious, my husband had the Bang Bang Chicken Salad which was beautiful as well. My Mum who is very fussy about her food had the homemade soup of the day which was cream of courgette & thyme with Wensleydale cheese (gorgeous was the word my Mum used)

Homemade cakes & scones they also do afternoon tea & special evenings like Tapas & Sangria night on the 5th July, I think) if I was local I would definitely be checking out those special events. Wish I could move.

Well done to everyone at the Barn had a lovely time will definitely be back if in the area, or even make a special trip lol

Hamilton, New Zealand
“You'll not be disappointed!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

There were three generations in our party and all enjoyed their meals - it was perfect for a light lunch. Beautiful presentation!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best Burger yet.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Today my partner and I stopped of here for Lunch, we both ordered the burger main meal. What a treat. because we were accompanied by our two dogs we sat outside in a small court yard to eat in the sun. The burgers were home made on delicious buns with sauce and salad and came with a bowl of tasty chips, my partner had a pot of tea and I had a italian lager.

Luton, United Kingdom
“Superb food in a lovely barn”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Here for Fathers day lunch, pork was very nice but it was all the trimmings that really stole the show, very friendly staff could not do enough to help.

Follwed the main with plum and orange tart which was heavenly.

Visited June 2014