Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
obrien74
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Potential for being magical”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

We had a lovely two week break, the location of the property is ideal for touring the north and middle of Cornwall and southern part of Devon. I did find the property slightly disappointing as there were a few small things that let it down, it could be really nice with a little time spent on it. i sent feedback to the owners to make them aware of these points but are still awaiting a responce. I missed the lack of a guest book as I think you get a lot of useful local information from these, such as which is the best road to use to get out of the village, places to visit, where the best chippy is and local walks in the area. The property is located down a small lane which is used as overflow parking for the rest of the village so at peaks times it can be a bit awkward to get up the drive if you have a medium to large car.

There are two lovely pubs within Stratton, the Kings Arms which is across the road from the property serves lovely home cooked food and has a weekly quiz night on a Tuesday, this quiz is very popular so would recommend getting there early to get a table. The Tree Inn is just round the corner and serves gastro food, both pubs have a pool table and darts board.

When leaving the village to go on day trips if you are wanting to turn right onto the A39 it would be best staying on Union Hill road rather than taking Hospital road, as you are not able to see any oncoming traffic if you take Hospital Road with it being on a bend.

There are a lot of nice pubs within Bude, I would recommend Bar 35 as you are able to take your own food in. So you could get your fish and chips or curry and take it in there to enjoy over a pint of cider or a gin & tonic, they will also supply you with plats and cutlery to eat it with. They boast a large selection of spirits and have over 15 types of gin to try from.

I had a great surf lesson on Summerleaze beach and would recommend this for the whole family to take part in, the prices are very reasonable as they cover the full cost of the lesson including the hire of surf boards and wetsuits.

I would recommend visiting Clovelly which is a lovely quaint village in South Devon. You have to pay to get in, but I thought this was a very reasonable price at £7.50 per person as you can see they are using the money on the upkeep of the village. There are tea rooms and pubs in the village where you can stop for a drink and a bit to eat, but there is also the visitors centre at the top of the hill which has a large café. Even though the road down to the harbour is cobbled and quite steep there is the option of a Landover service to take people back up the hill at a small price.

Healey’s cider farm is a great day out for the whole family, as well as seeing how the cider and chutneys are made there is a petting farm for the children as well as a tractor tour around the orchard. You can even do a guided tour around the distillery to see how the cider is made.

I was a bit disappointed with the Big Sheep as the leaflet said there was a lot for all ages, but both the craft beer and gin distillery where closed when we got there and the café stopped serving food after 3pm. St Kits Herbery and perfumery I do not think is worth a visit, when we arrive we were the only cars in the carpark and it looked more like a small flower nursery than a herbery. We did have very nice cup of tea and slice of cake, but I was expecting to be shown how they make their perfume and other products but it is just a shop where you can buy the plants and products.

ALD D
“Cottage booked 12months ago blown away at its appearance on intanet”
Reviewed September 22, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We booked this cottage over 12months ago and have spent the last year showing family and friends where we were going on holiday in Cornwall. Very excited to be in a thatched cottage a bit of the child hazel and gretel in me coming out. Arrived to find a beautiful old world cottage that could have surpassed my expectations but we were disappointed. List of concerns threadbare stair carpet, microwave with no light, chipped plates, settee with no springs, shabby chic kitchen furniture that I thought was dreadful, I know it is in fashion but not like this surely. What a shame with a bit of tlc this could be a real gem

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing