“Awesome place! Great food!”

Bella Vida Garden Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Friendly. Awesome Seafood & Pasta dishes. Well known for our Creamy Crab Soup and melt in your mouth Pot Roast!
Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

We were down in Cape May for 2 days and found the Bella Vida Cafe. We were a party of 7 which included 2 people who are gluten free and 2 people who are vegan, 2 people who eat anything and one picky child. Bella Vida was able to accomodate us all. They have something for everyone. And the food was so delicious we went there 3 times in the 2 days we were there! Awesome place. Very friendly staff!

1  Thank kerri124

Reviewed August 25, 2015

This place is great for large or small groups. They have a large variety on the menu and vegetarians have tons to choose from. It's prices are reasonable and service is very friendly.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank Eileen G
Reviewed August 24, 2015

The food here is "Better than Chocolate". There is nothing better than the menu and the entree's at Bella Vida. It is a "MUST" for anyone going to Cape May, NJ

1  Thank gally22
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful hostess who seated us and a great server Joe. There was a fight between the owner and waitress who had some issues with her schedule. Then you could hear them yelling in the kitchen. Besides the rude interruption it's always terribly disappointing when you eat at a restaurant and pay $80 that serves no alcohol! There was only two of us with main course and my son ordered a appetizer which was overly sauced. I got the Caribbean style rice with plantain and flounder which was tasteless ! I could not believe they put nothing in it plain white rice with coconut and black beans. My husband got a veggie medley with chicken which was ok. But honestly we have no idea how it was so expensive at dinner. We had the carrot juice which was refreshing and orange mango and apple.

2  Thank Arch L
Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

We have always loved going to Bella Vida. We recommended the restaurant to friends and decided to go on our way out of town. My friends got there first with their baby. The host (owner, I believe) told my friend to 'look at me when you're speaking. I can't hear you!' She's a tough girl but was taken a back to say the least. Last I checked, that's not really a nice way to say speak up.
Not sure if he was annoyed that we had two babies in our party or what (we noticed on our visit that many people/establishments were not exactly kid friendly!!)

After that, he had to be told multiple times as to how many people were in our party (table for 5, one high chair). Once seated, they asked for four coffees, and the waitress said, 'I can't get it right now-I'm too busy'. We arrived a few minutes later. Once we sat down, we realized we were sitting directly in the sun. Their windows have no blinds or shades. The sun is intense and beats right down on you. Time to invest in some shades. During this time, a boy (looked to be 13Years old) was passing coffee over the table and almost spilled it on friend's baby.

My mom was annoyed about the treatment my friends had gotten and by the sun beating down on us. She said, 'let's move to back booth where the sun isn't as bad.' We didn't ask, and when we were getting into the new booth, we noticed a man staring at us. My friend whispered and said that was the man who was rude. He walked past us and gave us the WORST death stares. I told him we needed to move because of the sun and he then gave another terrible look at us and didn't say a word. My mother had it and sternly said, 'do you want us to leave?' To that he said nothing but nodded. Needless to say, my mother was very angry as was this man. He did nothing to diffuse the situation. He just kept at it. In the end, we both said how we had loved the restaurant but would never be back. To that, he said 'GOOD BYE' in a rude, condescending tone.

Really disappointing and also annoying. We went out of our way to go here. Got our babies into the car, drove over when we easily could have gone to the restaurant at our hotel (chalfonte) or walked to one of the many great restaurants near by. We'll stick with our other favorites when in Cape May!

3  Thank allieJT