“Twice is Nice!”

Bella Vida Garden Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Friendly. Awesome Seafood & Pasta dishes. Well known for our Creamy Crab Soup and melt in your mouth Pot Roast!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited this cozy eatery twice during our Cape May Visit about a week after Labor Day.
First for dinner- and probably later than normal at that, but they were still open and pleasantly seated us. We had a very personable waitress, got our pick of the place for a table and combed the menu- the very extensive menu ( Note to establishment- pare down the menu- it's just too much to choose from!)

For appetizers we had the lobster mac and cheese ( very good), crabcake, and fried calamari.
We really should have stopped there- as there was enough food for dinner! All was very good.

We also ordered gnocci and the Cesar salad with the coconuts shrimp. That was ok, especially the latter. Too much salad and not enough shrimp, but again, okay.

Now breakfast, a completely different story- again, a vast menu and we ordered breakfast burritos, eggs and my absolute favorite, the pumpkin pancakes with sausage. All freshly made and very tasty. The place was hopping but service was good.

As a choice in season, I don't know, but I felt it was a great option away from the fray and priced very well for the portion size and quality. We will be back!

Bella V, Owner at Bella Vida Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind comments! It is pleasing wonderful customers like yourself that makes the hard work of running a restaurant worth every minute of it!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my 7th summer returning to Bella Vida - it's a first stop as soon as I arrive in Cape May- For breakfast - my waiter recommended his own omelette creation of bacon, tomato, and cream cheese- out of this world !! For lunch or dinner I always have the salmon with grilled vegetables- light and tasty.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ok, so I've been at Bella Vida for breakfast previously and had generally good food and service, plus it has a nice atmosphere, so I went here for dinner with my fiancé last night.
Upon checking in we were told the wait would be 10 minutes. Not bad for 7:30pm in the off season, being one of the few places open. We were surprisingly seated more quickly-- at one of 2 tiny tables squished in-between the booths, specifically in the walk path of wait staff.

The waitress took coffee order was made but it took over 5 minutes for it to arrive. By that time we realized that the tiny table needed to have the flower vase removed just from the creamers, sugar, 2water glasses and silverware (which did not include any spoons, ergo stirring coffee was accomplished using the butter knife).

After perusing the menu, we ordered burgers and fries, along with a cup of black bean soup. When the bread/oil arrived, we had to ask for another table, realizing there was no way the table would hold 2 plates as well. We were moved in a few minutes to foyer area table, including old utensils (still no spoons...) but minus the oil for bread.

Anyhoo, down to the meal part... Our burgers arrived fairly quick, though I had the lettuce and tomato he had ordered on my bun, and the black bean soup (which was lukewarm on arrival).

Long story short the burgers were the most tasteless either of us ever had, fries had unexpected vinegar taste and the soup was terrible. All in all an expensive/$30+ change bad experience and we will never go back. The 26 cents change back by the way, which should've been there was not. Really now!?

1  Thank RobinBeth524
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had dinner at Bella Vida our first night in Cape May. The food was very good and our service was great. We had a very friendly and efficient waitress. Had planned to return for breakfast, but did not make it. Maybe on our next visit to Cape May.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Bella Vida is off the beaten path and the tourist areas. But it's well worthwhile to hunt it out. The food is a combination of seafood dishes, Italian dishes and Costa Rican dishes. The pastas are homemade and the seafood is 'off the boat' fresh. The service was a tiny bit off the mark the night we visited. The restaurant is BYOB and I had to help our waiter uncork our wine. Otherwise it was a great night. I would recommend Bella Vida highly. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.