“lovely restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“lovely restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant has an asian-fusion type menu. The food was delicious! The service was excellent! A lovely evening!

Visited October 2013

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect endings”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I arrived Friday for my god daughter's wedding. Tonight (Sunday) was our first night alone. It also happened to be our anniversary. We are quite familiar with Cape May's restaurants and wanted to try someplace new. Black Duck was our choice and it was a good one. The Duck's menu has a Oriental flavor to it. We shared an appetizer of baby back ribs. Smoked just right and finished off with a hoisin-soy glaze. Hidden underneath was a very tasty slaw. My wife had the Sechuan surf and turf-tempura shrimp and spicy beef over oriental noodles was off the charts in taste and portion. I had the yellowfin tuna with Oriental veggies and wasabi. Tuna was cooked medium rare and made me happy I chose it. Again, the portion was substantial. White decor, linen tablecloths, nice stemware. Service was flawless. No twenty something's who have no clue serving you. Our waitress was experienced. I would love to take her to every restaurant we eat at and be our waitress. The Black Duck is a BYOB. Our bill before tip was around $80.

Atco, New Jersey
“Can't beat the early bird, Menu is Delicious”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times in the past 2 years. Always a good choice. We like the early bird in the summer espeially because you are done dinner and have the rst of the evening. The early bird diner is 3 courses and all are excelent. My favorite is shrimp while my wife an daughter love the steak choice. We have also eaten off the regular menu and were very happy. This is a real nice restaurant and the food is very good and high quaility. Service is excellant also. You will enjoy this restaurant. Don't forget to make a reservation and bring some wine. Enjoy. Look at the menu before you bring children and note the time for the early bird.

Ocean View, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special...”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went without a reservation and Friendly Hostess was able to give us a table. Wait staff was nice but food was "nothing special"..we were pleased to arrive in time for the appealing early bird special. 24 Dollars for 3 course meal. For the app, I got the Lobster Bisque which was quite bland. spouse got the Stilton salad which was good. I had the Salmon, which was fine, but few string beans and usual mashed potatoes. my husband had the Szechuan Shriimp, sauce was more like a BBQ sauce than Szechuan and again, it was OK. 2 offerings for dessert choc or vanilla mousse, disappointing if you don't like mousse, which I told the server, thought for sure she would have offered a substitute (ice cream?) but she said nothing.
The atmosphere was very nice, clean and inviting but I am afraid food was a big disappointment....

Philadelphia, PA
“Understated Elegance”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to the Black Duck after viewing the sunset at Cape May Point. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The exterior of the house is charming and well cared for. My husband and I were seated in one of the lovely dining rooms in the middle of the house. We started with the Spring Rolls as an appetizer. They were light and crunchy with two sauces. The hoisin based sauce was amazing. My husband had the sesame crusted seared yellow fin tuna which came prepared the way he likes it (very rare). I had the grilled hanger steak with parmesan crusted fingerling potatoes. The steak was marinated and very tender. The food presentation was eye appealing. Before dinner we were served a tin filled with the most delicious rolls I have had in awhile. The atmosphere and the service were impeccable. I am a huge fan of intimate dining with no TV's and loud acoustics and The Black Duck fit the bill. We were so full from our meal, we had no room for dessert. I will definitely return to this wonderful place.

• Visited September 2013