“Loved by Locals, the Word Is Getting Out”

Backstreet Simply Delicious
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in West Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: House specialties include local seafood, steak and pasta. The special board is always loaded with local favorites like baby lamb chops, crab imperial and more. The bread is made fresh daily and desserts are made in house. We are BYOB.
Virginia
“Loved by Locals, the Word Is Getting Out”
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I come here on Saturday nights, usually right when they open at 5pm. I can get in then without making a reservation. The article posted outside the entry doorway tells all about the husband/wife team who run this place and their family relationship to the owner's of McGlade's on Beach. I like the warm goat cheese salad. That, plus a bowl of soup, and one of the appetizers makes for a great dinner. I recently tried the pasta carbonara with shrimp and I'm hooked. The portion is tremendous and I can't finish it all in one sitting, but it is my new favorite. The decor was updated this past year. They have new carpet, new paint scheme, new lighting, and best of all the noisy wall-mounted A/C has given way to quiet central A/C. I find the service and food to be "just right". This is a BYOB establishment
but for tea-totalers, the iced tea is crisp and fresh brewed. Dress code is casual. I see people in shorts and tshirts but also in dresses and "resort wear". Any way you slice it, you can't go wrong with The Backstreet.

3 Thank Polecat45

Denville, NJ
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!”
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Mc Glade's is literally on a backstreet in what appears to be an industrial strip mall. Don't drive away! The family has been coming to Cape May for decades. We have come here the last three years and the food has always been great. Casual. We would recommend Mc Glade’s by the convention center for breakfast.